Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
A5s are high pressure blowbacks and just plain need more pressure than you are going to reliably get out of 12 grams if you want to use them it will work but maybe not as well as you think. One of the huge disadvantages to 12ies is that while you can in ideal conditions get around 20 good shots if you take a few quick shots in a row or the day is bit on the cooler side you might actually get as few as 10 also as the 12 gram runs lower your shots will get weaker and stop going as far. Pump players get a bit more mileage because their markers are manually recocked and pumpers normally shoot slower but 12 gram powered semis are rare for a reason. What you could do is use a 9oz tank and reverse the ASA with an adapter that way you get a usable sized tank and it will stay out of the way of your stock.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Negative ghostrider.
agreed

if you really want to sit there though, AND use the stock, get a remote, or reverse the ASA as mentioned above, problem solved

and if someone above is getting 16 off a 12g with a 98, your going to do worse since you also have to power the cyclone with that 12g, you will probably end up carrying enoufgh 12g s with you to equal the weight of the 9oz tank but still have less shots since every time you change out 12g s it will also empty all the gas in the marker

the a5 is a heavy marker as is, if you want to save weight try taking some of the pointless stuff off, like the scope for starters, and the shroud and the mag etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd reccomend getting a remote to lighting your marker some what. The only downside is you have a hose running from your back to your marker but if you're taking a sniper mentality then the hose shouldn't get in your way.
The 12 grammies would be alrieght for a backup, but I'd rather have a 9oz CO2 tank on hand as that would let me get off another 200 shots, doesn't require an adapter and is only 3pounds when filled.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First off all, just like there's a difference in rolls of a paintball marker and a real gun, there's a difference in rolls of a paintball sniper and a real sniper. A REAL sniper is an elite shooter that adquires targets from concealed places. The PAINTBALL sniper is an experienced player that plays by covering front line players and coordinates the team.
Secondly, I don't have a problem with the weight of the cylinder. My problem with me having to get out of the field all the time to refill it because some noob was too scared to get out of the bunker and advance and I had to keep shootin blind to scare off the other team so they wouldn't get to him.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
First off all, just like there's a difference in rolls of a paintball marker and a real gun, there's a difference in rolls of a paintball sniper and a real sniper. A REAL sniper is an elite shooter that adquires targets from concealed places. The PAINTBALL sniper is an experienced player that plays by covering front line players and coordinates the team.
Secondly, I don't have a problem with the weight of the cylinder. My problem with me having to get out of the field all the time to refill it because some noob was too scared to get out of the bunker and advance and I had to keep shootin blind to scare off the other team so they wouldn't get to him.
Yeah, definitely lost the potential respect I had for you.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
and so how is converting over to 12g s going to help you keep shooting blind? youll get less shots......

this whole question doesnt make any sence, first you want to lighten up your marker because you take so few shots, then you say you dont mind the weight and you are blind firing to protect your team.....make up your mind

and there are only 2 positions in woodsball, eliminated, and still playing, thats it

1 - 20 of 38 Posts