Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually have a VL Pro Series Maxis EG, and I want to replace it because it is already very old and the barrel is very very scratched (I bought it used before I knew I thing about paintball) and I want to replace it with a G4, how much do you recommend this marker? And do you recommend me using a Tippmann AL-200 Loader with it?

Thank you.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
i agree on both parts, the g4 while not a terrible choice there is just not a large enough price difference between it and the PR and the rail is a better marker.

other options to consider, the invert mini and the DP F8

forget the tippmann hopper, it is crap

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i agree on both parts, the g4 while not a terrible choice there is just not a large enough price difference between it and the PR and the rail is a better marker.

other options to consider, the invert mini and the DP F8

forget the tippmann hopper, it is crap
Invert Mini? Ok, it is just 10 more dollars, thank you man, you saved me again.
By the way, can you give a link to that PB you are talking about?

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the DP?

its a dangerous powers F8
There is something else I have to ask. I am still going for the G4 over the inver mini, since I do not like the looks of the marker at all, and I like all of the features of the G4. So tell me, why would I like the Mini over the G4?

Also, you say the AP-200 is crap, but why? everyone except you has recommended it to me, but since you are the expert, tell me.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I like about the G4 is that is is very easy to maintain, it has the firing modes that I want, Dangerous Power kept it simple, and its looks. The only thing that I think I do not like is that it has to much quick (according to TechPB) but, how bad is the quick? That could make me reconsider.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
the kick?

well its better than a blowback but worse than it should be for a unbalanced spool

the tippmann hopper is a agitator, you want a force feeder

pretty much everything in the mid range is going to be easy to maintain thats nothing special, they will be more in depth than a blowback but easier than a high end

the mini will have about the same kick, be a little quieter and get better efficiency

the PMR is going to be much smoother than both, quieter than both and be right about in the middle for efficiency

heres how i put them

PMR > mini > g4

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Paintball gun is only 18-20% of the game. Its all about the player. Keep that in mind when buying a new gun. G4's get mad hate just like the ION, its still a sick gun(for around 200 used).

:ninja: LET THE HATERS HATE and mow-faces!:ninja:

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
and the mini is a sicker marker for $200 used, the E1 is the same as the G# series and its $200 NEW.

the only people that claim G# is a good marker are the people that A) own one, and B) havent owned anything better

i will say they are not bad but as it stands and as its been for quite some time, the G# is the worst unbalanced spool platform currently produced, they kick more than anything else, they are louder than anything else and they get the worst efficiency

ion is bad because its a piss poor design that was created by people who would rather make money than see the sport grow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts