Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the over all length of a barrel matter, is a 16inch barrel more accurate than a 10 inch one. im wondering because w/ speedball i want to stay tight but still have the accuracy?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
most people think that size matters, i believe that it does not.

its a myth thats been going on for a while now.

i would get a 14 inch barrel. you will have the accuracy of the 16inch, and it will be 2 inches shorter.

the bore size also plays a big factor. i would not get a bore that is smaller than .691

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
yes the difference between a barrel is big.....try shooting a stock 98c barrel and then slap on a new 14'' barrel.....u will see an enormous difference immediatly.....

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
in kits, it can. In single bore barrels, anything beyone 8-10" does absolutely nothing for accuracy. The extra length only causes you to use more air (drag slows the ball down, must turn up velocity to adjust), and quiet your gun down (porting). If you didn't care what your gun sounded like, any barrel with good match in 10" length would give you optimal accuracy with tuckinability. Most people though don't want their paintball gun sounding like a cannon (slight exageration), therefore you get a longer barrel with porting.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Its not the size of the ship..... its the motion of the ocean....

But yea, its all about the bore to paint match that matters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts