Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to answer your question yes i looked over the sticky thing and didnt really see anything on that and if it was there i am sorry. Heres the situation i am going to buy a gun with 12in stock barrel i want to change it after i get more $$ will a 14 in barrel not fit (barrel is from same company)

·
Registered
319 Posts
as long as the threads are the same, the barrel will fit

IE tippmann 98's use T98c threaded barrels
A-5's use a5 threads
autocockers use autococker threads

alot of guns imitate cocker threads too btw

·
Registered
186 Posts
u can also buy thread converters that will convert an A-5 thread to a spyder. so say you can put an a-5 flatline on a spyder vicktor or something like that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keep in mind which spyder you have, the MR2 and i believe the Mr3 have a shroud around the front of the gun limiting which barrels will fit, but yes, the thread is what determines which gun the barrel will fit. I would recommend a 14" barrel too, 16 gets in the way i find and there is no accuracy difference on anything longer then 14".

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should not by anything with a length of more than 16". A 14" barrel actually works better because it has the same accuracy but more distance than a 16" barrel.

·
Registered
151 Posts
mk do the sizes like .688 and .689 matter??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well i know that the paintball size for your specific barrel will fire most accurately. But if you are interested you could buy one of those freak kits or a hammerhead barrel kit. The freak kit i'm pretty sure has barrels for each ball size for best accuracy and maybe the hammerhead, anyways check prices out on ebay. Obviously the balls least close to your barrel size will spin and fire less accurately. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts