Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well i was supposed to buy an eblade 2 from this guy for 200. The first 75.00 went thro paypal then the other 125 went through this website. He wouldnt send the website untill i sent him the money. I then tried sendin him the money thro paypal and it said he cant accept payments. Then i checked his ebay feedback and he kicked off of ebay. Soo now hes sayin send a money order. Should i?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
no, tell him to stick to the original deal. Cancel all ur paypal and whatever else u sent him. Tell him u guys arrived at a deal and thats how its going to be done. Inform him u've canceled the paypal b/c he's going back on his word.

also tell us his username so the mods or u can search through other forums scammer lists.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
SCAM...100%

same thing happend to an old teammate, they will take the MO and not send anythin back, ask him to 3rd party it, or send first. Offer to pay for the 3rd party. If he wont, then you know its a scam...

-RB-

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Big time scam... he is betting that even if you get your $75.00 back from paypal, he still has the money you sent via the money order. There is no way to get your money back, and you are screwed.

SO DON'T DO IT!

In fact, if you have his name and address. PM it to me and I will add it to our list of scammers...

·
Registered
234 Posts
MOs are really easy to scam by

·
Registered
242 Posts
like say ill send you the money through the mail and when you get his address report him

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you say you sent him money through Paypal, report it to them and they should either be able to refund you the money or at least give you his contact info. Send him a letter stating that he has 24 hours from the time he receives it to contact you and arrange a deal or your contacting the police and filing a theft/fraud claim, that should make him contact you and refund your money. By sending him the letter he then knows you have all his contact info and should realize there is no place for him to hide. Usually the threat of contacting the police works because theft/fraud can both be serious offences, punishable with jail time if he's done it before.

EDIT: Didn't realize how old this was, but it goes for anybody in the same position as wgporracle124

1 - 18 of 18 Posts