1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Interesting, of the 13 brands that are better than average:

6 Are American
5 Are Japanese
2 Are European (one of which is owned by Ford, an American company)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nickxjones said:
does oldsmobile even exist anymore?
Nope, 2004 was the last year. But, enough of them still return to dealers to be used in the poll.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
1. im surprised subaru is so low, from what iv heard they are supposed to be some of the best cars on the road in this world.

2. HOW THE **** DID CADILLAC GET TO THE TOP!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?, they must of hired new engineers or something, cause pre-2000 cadillacs break down more then ANY car in the world, especially ones with the northstar engine, and another engine forget what it was called

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The northstar engines are complete junk (They leak like a detroit diesel, lol), but think about it....... The two cars Caddy sells the most of don't have them. The Escalade and the CTS. The CTS engine is the same engine as the Saab, but non turboed, so it's built like a mother. The CTS-V and the Escalade use basically the same small block GM has had forever, so it's pretty much perfected. All they really had to worry about was electronics and interior, which they’ve pretty much nailed (according to the magazines). Really, all they had to do was take existing cars and make them reliable.

The STS and DTS are only sold to old people who either don't care, fix it themselves, or are afraid to go back to the dealers. The XLR they don't really sell enough of to matter. So, right now they are pretty much set.

I'm sure it will drop when they release their "entry level" BLS or equivalent.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DaBluedevil said:
Road-wise their solid from the factory.
Sure, the engines and differentials are reliable, but the rest of the stuff falls apart. They're also a wiring nightmare (though almost all Chryslers are).

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm having pretty good luck with the cars I own now. My strat has never been in a shop, except for when I got my head and tb ported and polished. My YJ has also never had anything go wrong with it that wasnt my fault (I blew a U-joint when off-roading, but thats it).

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Hell yes! Buick's in 3rd. No problems since it was bought in 1993... Well, no problems that weren't a direct result of contact with street signs...

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
tippmann666 said:
omg i see more beat honda;s than anything. i dont understand how they are above average.
That's because people **** them up when they duct-tape body kits on them and hang their uber-high flow aftermarket exhausts with shoestring.

:nododgy:

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
doomsday said:
Sure, the engines and differentials are reliable, but the rest of the stuff falls apart. They're also a wiring nightmare (though almost all Chryslers are).
meh.. i'll agree with that although in my opinion the wiring isnt TOO bad... yeah it sucks, but it's not something i'd give up on the second i make eye contact with..

i just replaced my diff oil, popped the cover and took a look inside, and my diff gears are all original with very little metal stuck to the magnet inside of the cover... i was definitely pleased with that.. it's not even the typical dana rear either it's the chrysler 8.25" c-clip

1 - 20 of 23 Posts