Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was looking at old games I used to play and I came across the game that haunted my child hood and continues to scare to this day, The Doom series. Ever since I was little I was terribly frightened of this game to the point where I still can't bring myself to play the first level of Doom 64. Well, I have been playing paintball for 4 years now and so when I look at an object, I immediately think of how can I creatively use this in paintball. So when I saw this game, I thought of the most shocking, pants-full-of-crap, paintball field ever. Ok, Imagine walking down a dark corridor, seeing the barren Mars landscape (A TV screen of Mars Landscape or something to that extent.) when a Zombie-man (A cut out of a Zombie-man of course) turns the corner (With hydraulics)and fires at you with his machine gun (A Tippmann 98 rigged to a motion sensor). You avoid his shots and move through the space station (Paintball field). You can't hope but feel scared of suspenseful silence (In-game music from Doom). You enter what appears to be a main hall of some sort and see a Cyberdemon (A cut out) and he growls at you (In-game noise that a Cyberdemon makes), unleasing a salvo of missiles (Tippmann Pod Rockets). You take cover, only to notice that a Mancubus (A cut out) towering over you. He aims his forearm grafted flame cannons (Paint Flame Throwers) at you and engulfs you in a storm of napalm (Paint). Now tell me that this isn't a creative idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know. I would need 100,000 bucks to get it started. I would charge everyone about 50 bucks, only because of the quality. Maybe some high quality rentals, food stands, and maybe make the cut out weapons usable to people spectating through a one-way window. Put a dollar or however much in a machine and you control that monster for a while. Like a dollar a minute. All ideas, maybe I will make it once I have a very great income...10-20 years later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the idea. Not sure how you would really do it and how well it would do though. Once you beat it, would it have much replay value? Sounds like a co-op thing so you have to take that into account. Not many Doomers left in the world, and the ones that are mostly live in Russia. Log-on zDeamon and see what other fellow Doomers say. If you live in Texas, or around, maybe goto Quakecon and see if John would help fund and/or promote the project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts