Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
you connect the top and bottom pins of the trigger switch.(i think, video didn't show it well and he never really said. you can easily find out while holding a paperclip against the posts though.

He used a jumper from radio shack, so he can enable it and disable it with the jumper connector from the tourney lock. that's a pretty smart thing to do, because at any field they're going to be angry if you have this hard-wired.

Basically any switch is going to have 3 prongs. one is common, one is normally open, and one is normally closed. Common is almost alwasy the middle prong and is always connected; the other two are activated if the switch is activated (being opposite of eachother, one is energized them the switch is closed, and one is energized when the switch is open.) The standard setting for switches, are for the normally open and common prongs to be connected, so it energizes when the switch is closed. this mod makes it energize the solinoe d when the switch both opens and closes.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Just as a note, some fields will only allow semi, so if you do end up doing this mod, just remember to ask the fields if you're allowed to use it or not

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was gonna hard wire it with a switch so the jumper cant come out during game play. On my Spyder imagine its the middle contact an the bottom contact. I thought it would still be classified as semi but I'll check before I hard wire anything.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
It would not be semi, as semi is only one shot per trigger pull
With the mod installed, you would have 2 shots per trigger pull (some electronic boards with this mode already programmed call it responsive or reactive mode IIRC)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts