Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had taken my Phantom out to the range today for the first time. I finally shot the legendary Phantom...CRACK. A ball chopped. I tried: using two different kinds of paint (Evil and Draxxus Scorch), pumping the arm lowly and quickly, pumping while holding the marker at different angles, but the Phantom continued to shoot two balls or chopping and having to clean out the feed tube and internals. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think the Phantom has a built-in ball detent. I was using CCI Detent rings. I tried shooting the Phantom with the small and large ring sizes, but both had the same result. I'll try the large ones next Saturday and post the results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my phantom in today and shot some new scorch paint just to have somethig to shoot, and although I didnt chop any balls I did get alot of dual feeds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry its been so long since an update. I called Mike over at CCI after I tried shooting with the detent rings with mixed results. He recommends using Marballizer paint, which I have read elsewhere is "made for the marker." I'm now waiting for a shipment. I hope this helps anyone with problems.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
marbs are only good because they are a bigger bore ball. Another thing that can help out out if you are wanting to spend the money is buying a freak kit. Not only does the phreak give you a type of detent seeing as you can bore down to a smaller size it also makes it so that you are shooting the right barrel for the paint. Don't forget stock barrels are also very large bore. I had the EDGE barrel kit on mine and actually liked that more than the smart parts system. Its cheaper and i used it on all of my guns.

Just my .02

1 - 16 of 16 Posts