Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have virtually given up balling for my new hobby, robotics. This may make me a loser but on the other hand it helped me find something to help you.

The trigger pushes a little button (a limit switch) this switch has three prongs in the back normally open normally closed and ground. The switch only is using the normally open and ground this is what makes the gun shoot when you pull the trigger. By wiring the normally close to the normally open you make the gun shoot whenever the button is pushed and whenever it is released. However this poses a problem, when you turn the gun on (safty off the gun shoots.)

Basically to solve the problem wire a switch between the top and middle terminals on the switch (these are the little metal piece directly be hind the trigger with no wire connected and with a red wire connected. Next mount the switch through the grip so you can acess it. Now at the begining of a game leave this switch off and turn on the gun as always after the ref says go flip the switch you installed THE GUN WILL FIRE continue playing with the faster speed, if you want to slow the speed simply turn the switch off and it will fire as usual.

Because this requires soldering and some experience with electronics dont do it unless you understand how I am workng on a prototype snap in piece that any one can install that I will make available cheap if interest exists.

James

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
how can the gun shoot if it's off? It still gets power somehow?

recap: so u basically connect the 2 prongs on the switch to each other (specifically the open and the closed). Then u attach a switch which will bypass this reverting to the normal setup?

i think this is a smiliar effect as the 408 mod. It was popular w/ timmies for a bit. It used 2 switch that got the pull-shoot, release-shoot thing going.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
bobide said:
how can the gun shoot if it's off? It still gets power somehow?
I think he means it shoots once when you turn it on, just like if you're holding the trigger and turn it on.

Doesn't this mod drain the battery faster because when the trigger is realeased it is still completing the circuit? I think I saw that in another thread about this idea. It might not though.

Main flaws seem to be that this isn't tournament legal, and that the board caps at 13bps.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Torch said:
I think he means it shoots once when you turn it on, just like if you're holding the trigger and turn it on.

Doesn't this mod drain the battery faster because when the trigger is realeased it is still completing the circuit? I think I saw that in another thread about this idea. It might not though.

Main flaws seem to be that this isn't tournament legal, and that the board caps at 13bps.
Well it will only drain the batery faster because you shoot more

I know it isnt tourney legal however it may be fun for rec ballers

As far as capping at 13 bps, if my memory is correct alot of these guns are owned by relative noobs who tend to boast about capping their board when the really shoot around 7 bps max, this will but some subsance to their bluff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts