Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast can you shoot with a double trigger on a 98C? And would a Halo TSA be a good hopper if I got a double trigger on my gun?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Decker9 said:
Well wouldn't you need a Response Trigger (Along with the obvious Loader) to be shooting, well, like the pros you can see on ESPN2, for example?
the only pros i see who are shooting tippmanns are tippmann effect, and i havent even seen them on espn yet. RT's are illegal in tourneys, the pros use E-grips.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't mean literally, I mean would you have to equip a double trigger and a Response or E Trigger in order to be shooting like those pros? Like, you use the two fingers to pull each of the triggers, and one ball is shot for each trigger that is pulled. So, in other words, instead of pulling the trigger and one ball is shot, you pull the first half, a ball is shot, and the second half, and a second ball is shot.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Decker9 said:
I don't mean literally, I mean would you have to equip a double trigger and a Response or E Trigger in order to be shooting like those pros? Like, you use the two fingers to pull each of the triggers, and one ball is shot for each trigger that is pulled. So, in other words, instead of pulling the trigger and one ball is shot, you pull the first half, a ball is shot, and the second half, and a second ball is shot.
Thats called walking a trigger they use 2 fingers and use 1 trigger. its a double trigger and you tap the top of it in to fire one the bottem part after that to fire again and you repeat. I dont know exacly what ur talking about

·
Registered
201 Posts
you can't walk a tippmann unless you get an electric trigger like the e-bolt, e-trigger, or e-grip...and a single trigger will work just fine with a response trigger...and i have found that you can shoot a bit faster with just a double trigger. your fingers don't get tired as fast so you can shoot a bit faster and longer

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I no, I meant ill just use it the way your supposed to. Which is i think you hold it in the sweetspot of it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Arsenal98 said:
Yes I no, I meant ill just use it the way your supposed to. Which is i think you hold it in the sweetspot of it?
Just pull the trigger slowly until it begins to shoot, then you can find the right pressure by squeezing the trigger a little harder or a little less. It is not hard, you just need to practice with it a little. Good luck with it.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Right, you don't walk the RT install. You just ride the sweetspot and the trigger bounces around and the gun keeps shooting until you either pull hard enough to stop it or let go of it.

The E-grip you could walk by tapping the trigger with two fingers, one after the other.

So far I have seen exactly one straight mechanical Tippmann 98 that had a trigger light enough to walk. It was in a video on here and PBN; It's one of Natural Newbie's 98's.

Not to say that no one else has done it, just that in stock form the trigger is not light enough to walk effectively.

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah with out an E-grip its basically the same as a single trigger , but i would recommend getting a cyclone feed instead of a Halo TSA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts