Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been thinking of getting one for my A-5 (and a second A5). has anyone ever used one? is it worth it? it just looks like death incarnate and i would love to carry around that firepower. :D
please give me some feedback cause this aint cheep.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Its hard enough carrying one a-5, I cant imagine carrying two.
and I hope you arent thinking of getting one of those firestorm cranks.

·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what it is, a big firestorm crank that fires them. and ofcourse id get the strap to carry it and the bipod to fire when not moving.

·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it costs about as much as a semi high end tourney marker at 1,027 and it gets about 30bps (acording to spec ops) but that would acctualy be two 15 bps wich means 2 balls hitting simultaneously and fairly close together. a much more efective way to get hits.

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
`:dodgy:

I'm serious. Buying this would be a colossal waste of money. It would be unwieldy and expensive... an overal bad idea.

A more effective way to get hits? Do you think you can shoot accurately while holding two guns?

Don't get it, please. Learn to aim, instead. Thats free!

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
No secret that I have a sort of a thing for Tippmanns, but there are so many things in the world of paintball (and out of it) that a thousand dollars will buy. This isn't one of the things I'd let onto my list. Ever.

Maybe if it was a flawless double barrel Tippmann, like the double barrel cockers and custom guns Palmer's, Doc, and other shops made. Not just two off the shelf A-5's bolted together with a crank to fire them.

·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
big_balla89 said:
Holy ****, you are considering spending that much?

Buy a fast gun, not an expensive ass upgrade. Damn.
not quite, its that much including the 2 guns. and the flatlines. wich i dont need to buy.

brings it to about $274

ps (is there any 'fast gun' anywhere that looks quite an badass though.)

·
Dont Steal My Avvy
329 Posts
it might 'look' badass but can it perform like a higher level gun thats probably 8 billion times lighter and will shoot faster with less effort....i can see buying this but u cant make a case that its better than some of the higher lvl guns

·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how is turningg a crank 4 times in a second (easily done) and flinging 32 bps(8 per turn) more effort than hitting a trigger 32 times a second? any gun that can handdle 32 bps is gonna cost more. as for heaviness well i said i was getting the straps didn't I?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Get outta here with that Shocker. :dodgy:

Think things over for a second. You're willingly going to buy a paintball gun that needs a harness to hold comfortably, in a world where even having a single remote air line is seen as too much trouble to deal with.

Turning a crank. Waste? If it isn't mounted (not harnessed. Mounted. Like on a cart.) or bi-poded it's going to walk around while you're spinning on the trigger crank.

It's not possible to pull a trigger 32 times a second, so as much as I hate to say it this isn't a valid point to argue with. The point that the money is going to just strapping two A-5's together with a crank to fire them, that can be a good one to use though.

In the end, if you really want it, buy it. Just try not to be disappointed when you see its flaws first hand. I've spent plenty of money on things that could have just been replaced with something better. Normally I can justify it with a good reason, sometimes I can't. Had I bought this, it would have been a time where it just wasn't possible.

·
Registered
559 Posts
DAVE said:
If you want more firepower just get an egrip for your a5.
...with a WAS board in it so you can keep up with the rof.

·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
thank you everyone for the feedback. i will use this thread in making my final decison as to by it or not..

69 posts :smokin

·
Registered
521 Posts
A guy at my feild has one, and to tell the truth is does look "badass". He let me hold it and it was like 12 pounds w/o balls(steel tank). If your willing to spend $300 on it, it would be pretty sweet, and definitly be faster then anything else in the $300 catagory.

P.S. For major firepower get two e-grips and two WAS boards :naughty :naughty

·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol badlands...
i might eventually do that. after the flatlines. (i sorta rich :) )

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
...Because having two egrips and two after market board will greatly increase his ability to turn the crank faster.

I'll probably say that WAS board is a joke upgrade until A-5's aren't around anymore.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts