1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
my conscience tells me to support bands who work hard to make kick ass music

·
Registered
649 Posts
That get money for tons of other things, like concerts, tours, photo shoots, interviews, tv appearences etc. I don't give a crap if they work hard or not they still get enough money and I still get my free music :)

O

·
0 Posts
Then there's the thing about being morally right, which causes me to buy it.

·
6,721 Posts
BakerSkate said:
That get money for tons of other things, like concerts, tours, photo shoots, interviews, tv appearences etc. I don't give a crap if they work hard or not they still get enough money and I still get my free music :)
who said anything about them getting money? It's not about that. it's my way of showing appreciation that they took months writing, performing and perfecting their album, by buying the rights to it and not stealing them.

amen bulldog thumup:

O

·
0 Posts
BakerSkate said:
You're basically saying this... I can steal a million dollars from Bill Gates because he already has 70 billion. He worked his ass off for that cash and you have no right to take it. It's on a smaller scale but it's still a wrong. And since you are Lutheran I believe it's a sin. Think about it before you download music.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
olddfatbulldog said:
You're basically saying this... I can steal a million dollars from Bill Gates because he already has 70 billion. He worked his ass off for that cash and you have no right to take it. It's on a smaller scale but it's still a wrong. And since you are Lutheran I believe it's a sin. Think about it before you download music.

^truth

But, I still download some.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
eh I download. but I also buy cds at concerts. so the bands that I think rock. I blow the cash to come see them and then buy the cd at the venue when a larger percentage actually goes to the band even if it costs more it doesn't go out as much to the distributors and wholesalers and junk.

I support music I listen to. I also share them when I get them because not everyone can go out and drop 16 bucks or what ever on a cd if they don't know the music that well. Most good bands don't get much for play on the radio. I don't listen to much of the poppy stuff so really its tough to get a feel for a group without just listening to the song they fast tracked out to radio stations.

So share the music and promote people getting out to see the band live and then they will be more of a fanboy for the group buying cds ect. I go to alot of concerts and do my best to support who I go to. I can't afford to drop money on an album if I don't like it. sample then buy is a great way of doing it.

I used to use kazzaa lite on alot of stuff but it seems really slow now. used bit torrent for suprnova but the sites down if I remember right so I guess im kinda outa luck so Im shoping for a good full cd slasher too.

·
6,721 Posts
I would sample then buy. if there was only 1 or 2 good songs I wouldn't waste my money. but if all the tracks rocked then I'd go out and buy it. I also sampled the cds at Hot Topic, they have 2 little listening stations with 6 different cds to listen to. I got God Forbid and Terror from them, cuz 1. i listened to them and they kicked ass and 2. they weren't sold anywhere else

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
the only safe one was bittorrent, and as of 2 days ago that is no longer an option. anyone that says limewire, bearshare, kazaa, or any other of the like doesn't know what they're talking about. they are ALL riddled with viruses. ALL OF THEM. they weren't put there by accedent either, but that's another story. i cannot begin to tell you how many crashed computers i am paid to fix because *guess what* spyware maliciously destroyed their norton/mcaffe, and then ****ed everything else up. if you download music at this point, you are a ****ing moron.

**just a note, and yes, spyware can be just as bad as a malicious virus. if you disagree with me, shut the hell up. i know what im talking about.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts