Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know around how many shots or pods you can get out of a g3 with a 68/4500 tank? and please no bias in here i just need the facts.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Not many. 1400 if you're lucky. Most likely closer to 1100. When broken in. If brand new never fired, you're looking at around 800-900.

Depends also on the board. SE board and APE board can be more efficient as they have wider selection of dwell than the original G3 board.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the best dwell to get the best efficiency with the stock board?

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
The lower the dwell, the better your efficiency will be, however once you get so low, you'll have to increase your pressure to compensate, which will cause the marker to kick more. Each marker is different, and so you'll have to experiment with it to find the optimal setup for your particular marker. If you don't mind the kick, you can definitely run the G3 at the lowest dwell the board supports in order to maximize your efficiency.
Also, a TechT bolt DOES help a lot. As it is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter and doesn't have the venturi's in it, which allows you to run lower dwell and pressure. Whether or not it's worth it to you is a personal thing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so how much more efficiency are we talking about when i go to the lowest dwell? how many shots? because i certainly dont mind the recoil(i shoot real guns too!)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Definitely more than that you dickleberry. G3s aren't the best at efficiency, but they aren't the worst. Definitely get the TechT bolt for it if you plan on it, then come to Fox Brothers one day so I can tune it for you and get it rollin ; )

·
Registered
54 Posts
The efficiency isn't too bad. My girlfriend took hers out today for the first time and it was actually really good. she got about 1000 shots with a 68/3000. It actually blows my shocker away with efficiency, but thats not hard haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts