Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else just love driving fast?
im not crazy or anything but generally i like to go faster then the speed limit
you could say i love driving fast

anyone else
post cool stories if you have them

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
for real

at the very least, im 15 miles over the speed limit, but im not really an aggresive driver

like, im not weaving around to get ahead, but if i have a open stretch with no grandma infront of me i'm gunnin it

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
you bet i do. the only problem is that my vehichle is a minivan. Although I have been able to get it up to 110 before, and if i took out the govorner I could probably get it up to 115 or 125. pretty good for a van eh?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like weaving
on this highway near by i generally weave in and out, its fun

anyone else hate it when people ride their trails but does it a lot to other people?

edit
outlander thats smoking in a van
i did 90 in mine and it started shaking once another time i did 90 and it was fine
dont ask, my vans ****
but normally i drive fast in the sebring, just bc it is fast

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i go 40-45mph everywhere, or 5mph faster then posted.

There's this little crappy back road near my house, limit is $35, its not wide enough to meet state requirments and is very um...wavy. Lots of good turns on it. Runs for like 5 miles total. I like to gun it to 60mps (then i chicken b/c this road is right near a steep hill, and i'd like to keep my car in 1 piece) and see how fast i can take the curves and corners. I drop to 40 if i see any other cars, don't want to risk clipping them (bastards always in my lane, afraid they will go off the road its so narrow)

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
i freak people out when i drive.....even in the city, i accelerate until i absolutely have to slow down for a stop sign only a block away. i tend to drive well over the limit (unless my ol lady is with me, then i cut it down to 10 or 15 over...till she keeps nagging and i have to slow down more...).

i really like taking corners at higher speeds, making the tires bark a little, right on the edge of losing control. i guess i just watch too much nascar......

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i agree. Corners are meant to be taken at speeds of 30-35mph or greater (if possible)

my parents think that i am a bad driver for some reason from how i play grand turismo 4. Which is a highly technical driving game, so i dont' see how they can think that.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats the fastest anyone has taken a 90* turn from a two lane road to another (normal roads)
ive done it at 25 no ebrake but a little sliding
ebrake only like 20, you can do it a lot faster im just not good at it

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i've gone from a local highway doing 50mps to a small not even big enough road to warrent a center strip road at i want to say 30mph. I did break, but not through the turn. lol, hit some gravel and the car slide JUST a bit. Sigh, i miss that car, poor old blue 94 subaru wagon....

·
Naughty Ice
1,596 Posts
i did a 90* at around 25 and it was rainning ^^] i had 30 seconds to get home before 10 (my cerfew) haha that was funny i power slid to like withen 5 feet of the other curb... but i made it home. im always over but as for toping out im driving a jeep wrangler with a tinyyyyy engine ive got to the 90s, ill have to try it a gain some time i know it could go a little faster

·
Registered
216 Posts
speeding is cool as long as your a good driver nowsome stupid people don't know how to drive.where i live I-10 is under constructiong so a cop can't pull you over between the k-rails. i did a 110 through them one night rasing a nissian 350z i got my butt handed to me. but i lost my car and my truck only says 80 on the speedo :(. plus gas is to much to speed very much

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
i know some cops and they told me the trick to speeding- the radar guns have an alarm that goes off to let them know someone was speeding. this alarm is almost always set at 10 mph over. so do what i do- always drive 9 mph over :D

ive taken exit ramps at 50+ in my venge and had no problems with traction

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
goin on the highway one way out of town there are never cops so i can usually get it up to like 110 in my moms car for no real reason but to get there faster

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
i pushed my 89 ford tempo up to 170 km/h down a hill, i dont know what that is in mph. i wasent paying attention and then it felt like the car was falling apart and i was at 170, the cars speedometer only goes to 180.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Whats scary is when I'm in the Porshe with my uncle and hes driving...

it's like hes invincible.

me - "ummm, Eric, theres a turn coming up."
uncle - "I know."
me - "Isn't 80mph a bit fast for a turn?"
uncle - "probably"
me - "well are you gonna slow down?"
uncle - "no."

1 - 20 of 34 Posts