Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mommy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently got my Etek 3 Lt and took out to my local field a few times since to play around with it. I love it... but i'd love a drop forward too. I started searching google and ANS the other day to find one thinking it wouldn't have been an issue to find one... but stupid eclipse and their freaking T slot mount doesn't make any drops.. at least i couldn't find any (Yes, I read the thread posted by trbo.. and yes i lost some hope after reading it). My question is there any way i can mount a drop forward? I dont have access to any welding machines so i figure doing it myself would be out, nor am i willing to pay a pretty penny to have someone do it for me. Is there any way around this at all, or am I just SOL? Thanks

·
Mommy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
call eclipse. get the word from the horse's mouth
called and they were closed. Good call though, hadn't actually thought of that. Screw it.. think i'm just gonna opt for a smaller tank with a smaller reg and hopefully i'll get used to it.

·
Mommy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you could always go with my option 1 if you can get your hands on a AM frame, drill and tap the frame for a 2 hole mount yourself
Yeah but how much is the am kit gonna run me?? between 100-150 yeah? I don't know... Plus the am kit seemed a little heavier.. I mean that's not an issue as much as it is a preference.. I suppose either way I go it won't be cheap. I'm leaning towards a tank with a snub reg as of now but I'm keepin my options open.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
slight issue with the fact that there is a circut board on the other side of the frame there

tell you what, if your interested let me figure out my own drop forward first and then ill work up a price and can probably make you one as well

·
Mommy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slight issue with the fact that there is a circut board on the other side of the frame there

tell you what, if your interested let me figure out my own drop forward first and then ill work up a price and can probably make you one as well
I would be eternally grateful. Thank you!

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
my idea is to weld up the 2 hole on the drop and shave it down to fit into the T slot, then drill a few set screw holes in the drop and run it that way.

martix i think i see what you are getting at there, if im seeing it correctly you are saying drill a 2 hole mount in the frame and counter sink some holes in the circut board side of the frame to accept a few nuts?

if thats the case there are a few issues with it, 1) this still leaves the original T mount on the bottom of the frame, meaning theres a gap between the drop and the frame where it will be hitting the T mount. file off the T mount? ok but thats just one more thing that could go wrong, if i dont file it off i need longer than standard screws that will still work with the counter sink on the drop

2) for the life of me i cant think of a way to counter sink the holes on the inside of the frame correctly, sure i could jurry rig a drill at an angle but then the holes will not be sitting flush with the nuts once they are in there. not to mention if im counter sinking a round hole, how do i tighten the nut once its in there?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
ok so then 1) whats stopping the nuts from sliding out of the grooves?

and 2) how are you going to cut this groove? a drill will just make a hole
The screws hold the nuts in. If your remove the screws, you'll have to make sure you don't loose the nuts.

I'm not certain how to make a groove. a dremmel maybe? you could always try to melt the stuff with a soldering iron.. though i wouldnt' recommended it.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
melting is out, dremel makes enough friction to be questionable as well

I guess im still confused on your idea martix, in your MSpaint masterpiece there is the white area on the lower half of the photo the grip frame? or is that the empty space inside the frame?

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
the grey represent the nuts and screws through the bottom of the frame. it's a cutaway side view.
thats what i was thinking, then the issue is how to tighten the nuts, not to mention if im using a drill to countersink those holes the nuts are in then the holes will not be level at the bottom since the drill will have to be at an angle to get in there

as for the whole different block to mount to the T idea, thats kinda my idea, except get rid of the extra block and just use the drop itself, file it down to fit into the T mount and use it that way with a few set screws to keep it in place. also this means if i screw this up its $30 for a new drop as opposed to $100ish for a new frame

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
IDEA! this is probably the simplest of all, if i had square nuts that were large enough to fit into the T mount and the same thread as the mounting screws all i would have to do is tighten them down a crap ton and use loc tite after the screws were cut to length! im ingenious!

the only down side i see to this is it may be a bit sloppy, but probably worth a try, if nothing else i could try one of the other ideas as this would not involve any metal work to the parts of the marker itself

1 - 20 of 31 Posts