Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that drop forward kits really shorten up the Tippy A-5. I just watned to know what kits to check out? Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the point of the drop then??? And how do you go about picking the right size? I guess if it just makes the gun taller is it really worth it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
agent5556 said:
What is the point of the drop then??? And how do you go about picking the right size? I guess if it just makes the gun taller is it really worth it.

I would imagine it depends on how/what you play. For woods pall, i personally need the gun to be as short as possible, so a drop froward is out of the question for me (which is why im going for a remote)

As far as speed ball, most of the videos ive seen have people mainly staying on their feet around 10~ foot tall barriers. So gun hight might not be nearly as big an issue, and cutting the length means you can maneuver it around corners and stuff easier.

Thats my guess anyway.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
They're just out of favor.

The pros don't use them, so the kiddies don't use them either.

There's more types of ..stances.. in speedball than standing. Theres some bunkers where you really need to 'get small'.

It all depends on how You like your setup. One of my 98's has a small (About 2" long) drop. None of my other guns do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am putting things together here. I plan on playing more woodsball then speed ball.I still think the remote is out of the question for me. Seems like alot of guys here are against them. No real need for the drop here I should just stick with another mod.

·
Registered
116 Posts
agent5556 said:
I am putting things together here. I plan on playing more woodsball then speed ball.I still think the remote is out of the question for me. Seems like alot of guys here are against them. No real need for the drop here I should just stick with another mod.
From what I can tell, most people around here don't like the remotes because they play speedball, which it is prosy bad for.

Thanks to a bit of searching, I found another addon I want. :p

Special Ops Air though.

Incidentally, check this out..

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/goingremote.asp

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Torch said:
Hey, look! An article that promotes buying at least half a dozen of the author's products.
lol yea thats not surprizing. I do not like drop forwards at all. They make the gun shorter giving in a weird feeling. I'd rather have a longer gun able because it feels more natural. Like a gun should feel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a big drop on my A5. It does make the gun taller and feel a lot different, but i like that I can be smaller and go around the corners of bunkers easier. It just took me a few games to get used to the new balance of it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
One of the major reasons to get a drop is the size of your tank. I just got a large drop forward for my custom pro. the stock one was too short for a 20oz co2 or my 68/4500 i also like to keep the gun lower around bunkers.

·
Why?
146 Posts
I used a ugly universal one that 32 degrees made and some other company stamped out at large speeds. Was it pretty? No. Did it do the job it was made for? Yes. So I don't get the anti-drop march.

Anyways, I used my cheap universal drop for woodsball . Got the big whale out of the way (88/4500). Made it easier to get the gun closer. Lately, I just bought a remote line. (of course with the little adapter thinger)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts