Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a Triton 2 yea I no they suck but i want to get a drop forward that manly just gos forward can anyone tell me ware i can get on like that off the internet and the name of the drop forward.
And could anyone tell me how to shorten my gas hose so when i add the drop it wont be dangling way out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey I have a Triton 2 yea I no they suck but i want to get a drop forward that manly just gos forward can anyone tell me ware i can get on like that off the internet and the name of the drop forward.
And could anyone tell me how to shorten my gas hose so when i add the drop it wont be dangling way out.
Just start looking at drop forwards -- what you see is what you get.

There are quite a few out there that sport a very modest drop but still forward the tank.

As for your bottomline you can go with macro or wait to see what length steel braid you need to buy. They come as short as 3" IIRC.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Why are you getting a drop forward? Its pretty much the standard to have the tank screw in right below the grip. Is that uncomfortable to you?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am small i dont like the gun way out in front of me. And can macros Lines use Co2 .
Ps I just started paintballing.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I am small i dont like the gun way out in front of me. And can macros Lines use Co2 .
Ps I just started paintballing.
Well...

A drop forward may or may not be necessary. If you just started paintballing my advice is to play your setup straight out of the box and then think about what you would like to change.

Macro is fine with CO2 but requires macro fittings. Any good shop can help you set that up.
Most players tuck the tank somewhere alongside or under their arm drop forward or not.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I dunno about macro and Co2. I've heard of them busting from the cold Co2. If you are going to do it I really recommend an anti syphon tube.

As for drop forwards all I can say is don't go too big. Most of the paintball community abandoned drops in 04 and never looked back.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I dunno about macro and Co2. I've heard of them busting from the cold Co2. If you are going to do it I really recommend an anti syphon tube.

As for drop forwards all I can say is don't go too big. Most of the paintball community abandoned drops in 04 and never looked back.
I use CO2 and my macroline hold up just fine. The fittings sometimes need to be messed with to seal against the initial gas up but I usually manage or the leak "fixes itself" once the cold gas manages to shrink the fitting somewhat (I am just guessing this is what happens as the leak sort of just goes away)

I still see drop forwards. More than a way to shorten the length of your setup they provide a different center mass. With my setup (shocktech drop with reversed CP asa) my 98C has an almost 50/50 balance! :tup

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yea but i dont like dealing with all those leaks and crap with the macro is there a way to like shorten the hose that is on the gun,or a would a coiled remote work. or could i buy a smaller steel braded hose. OH what drop forwards work good with a Viewloader Triton 2?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yea but i dont like dealing with all those leaks and crap with the macro is there a way to like shorten the hose that is on the gun,or a would a coiled remote work. or could i buy a smaller steel braded hose. OH what drop forwards work good with a Viewloader Triton 2?

You just buy the length of braided hose you need then. Any drop forward will "work" -- it's just a matter of what you prefer. I suggest you work with a local shop so you can try more than one out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea but my local shop is like u not going to get that stuff with a $40 gun. Yea I realize that but i dont have alot of money to get a good gun so thats y i am saving for a Ion I just need a drop that works for a triton 2 tritons have diagnal mount holes

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yea but my local shop is like u not going to get that stuff with a $40 gun. Yea I realize that but i dont have alot of money to get a good gun so thats y i am saving for a Ion I just need a drop that works for a triton 2 tritons have diagnal mount holes
Explain to the shop owner that you still want to make the marker more playable and wish to spend some money with him working out the upgrade.

If you think he just doesn't want to help you go to a local metal shop and have someone fab you a drop forward -- pretty simple for a metal worker and he'll probably get a kick out of it. Should be a one stop solution.

You are going through some trouble now, what about just doing some sidework for a few neighbors and buying a moderaely better marker with your earnings? Not my business and I'm willing to help you as much as I can as long as you want but speaking from some experience you may be jumping through hoops for the wrong reasons. Just something to think about.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Its hard to find drops with diagonal mount holes. Check out actionvillage if you feel you really need a drop.

I use CO2 and my macroline hold up just fine. The fittings sometimes need to be messed with to seal against the initial gas up but I usually manage or the leak "fixes itself" once the cold gas manages to shrink the fitting somewhat (I am just guessing this is what happens as the leak sort of just goes away)

I still see drop forwards. More than a way to shorten the length of your setup they provide a different center mass. With my setup (shocktech drop with reversed CP asa) my 98C has an almost 50/50 balance! :tup
That messes up your form. With your tank in your shoulder you should be fine. Drop forwards make the tank lower down and further forward. It puts your gun higher and closer to you, which almost forces you to look down the wrong side. Now if you're a smaller person a 1"-2" drop could be beneficial.

·
Registered
533 Posts
He thinks he wants a drop forward.

I've been playing with my current setup for several years. My form is fine. I designed my 98C to mimic a dagger setup from spec-ops and fell in love with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I need a drop forward because it was reall hard for me to aim with the co2 tank way out in front of me i need a drop forward so i can aim better and for more comfort.
I need as much help as possible

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Look at the bottom of your marker where the air screws in. If there is two screws that line up most drop forwards will work.

These are a quick search of some that will work.

Worrgames Torpedo On/Off Drop Forward - Chrome at ActionVillage.com : Paintball
Shocktech Long Drop Forward - Black at ActionVillage.com : Paintball
Custom Products Flame Drop Forward - 2 Inch - Nickel at ActionVillage.com : Paintball
Custom Products Lightning Drop Forward - 2.0 Inch - Black at ActionVillage.com : Paintball

Actually, go to Order Paintball They have better prices for the drops. But if you have any doubts, just find one you like or looks the best and we will tell you if it will work or not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I want like a shockteck long drop forward but they dont have diagnal holes is there in like mounts that that u can buy so u can use strate holes

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
It's an adapter block with different holes drilled in it.
I've actually got a DeadOnPaintball super long drop that's red i can send with it for $12 total.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts