Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm lookin' to buy a drop forward that would give me at least 5 inches forward. right now, the only ones i'm aware of are the ones from psychoballistics and dead on, with the on/off, and they both look exactly alike. from what i've heard, both on/off features are of mediocre quality. are there any other drop forwards out there that would give me at least 5 inches forward? thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a big tank, and i want to try to hold my marker as tight in my body as possible, and also to help balance the weight of my marker.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
HOnestly if you have a tank that requires that much of a drop forward, you just need a smaller tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i have a 45ci 4500 tank... i know it's way too small for the kind of drop that i'm asking, but i'm really lookin' for a big forward adjustment more than the drop itself.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
You have a 45/45 and am trying to get a drop for it? I don't use my 45/45 because it is too close to me and I grew away from that feel. If you got a drop that big the tank would literally be in the gun.

·
Registered
34 Posts
the guy is just looking for an answer to his question. he shouldn't have to explain why or defend why he wants it. just help him to find it right.

btw..........i don't know lol. try e-bay

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Were trying to tell him from experience why he doesnt need a drop forward.

I'm a very big guy 6'5 250+ pounds and I've used a 45/45 or a 68/45 my whole paintball career. 45 is a little close for me but i can still play it. unless your arms are abnormally short then noone needs a drop for a 45... and even then most are embarrassed to have a drop.

-wEs.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Were trying to tell him from experience why he doesnt need a drop forward.

I'm a very big guy 6'5 250+ pounds and I've used a 45/45 or a 68/45 my whole paintball career. 45 is a little close for me but i can still play it. unless your arms are abnormally short then noone needs a drop for a 45... and even then most are embarrassed to have a drop.

-wEs.
You gotta be kidding me. Why would someone be "embarrassed" to have a drop-forward? That's silly.

My advice to you is that if you want a significant forward position for your tank -- for WHATEVER reason, be it position or center of gravity or religious superstition -- talk to your local shopkeep and see what he has/recommends. If he doesn't have anything you think you'll like, go to a metal shop and have one fabbed. Simple work for a metal shop and you can design it to your specific desire.

I'm a fan of inverted tanks myself. That's another option if you're trying to find what you like. Flip your adapter around and screw in your tank. You may have to buy new steel braided hose but all in all a very CHEAP option.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
You gotta be kidding me. Why would someone be "embarrassed" to have a drop-forward? That's silly.

My advice to you is that if you want a significant forward position for your tank -- for WHATEVER reason, be it position or center of gravity or religious superstition -- talk to your local shopkeep and see what he has/recommends. If he doesn't have anything you think you'll like, go to a metal shop and have one fabbed. Simple work for a metal shop and you can design it to your specific desire.

I'm a fan of inverted tanks myself. That's another option if you're trying to find what you like. Flip your adapter around and screw in your tank. You may have to buy new steel braided hose but all in all a very CHEAP option.
Hahahahahahaha

Now that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

I'd like to see someone in PSP or something with an inverted tank or drop forward.

-Wes.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hahahahahahaha

Now that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

I'd like to see someone in PSP or something with an inverted tank or drop forward.

-Wes.
I'm at a loss as to where your perspective comes from. If the player is comfortable with his setup who is to tell him he is doing something wrong? Of course there are choices that are objectively wrong and will only debilitate a players form or movement potential... but a drop forward or inverted tank hardly qualifies as "ridiculous".

I don't think anyone has it all figured out and there is always room for preference or creativity especially in a sport where your closest teammate is a mechanical device that you need to be comfortable with.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
I'm at a loss as to where your perspective comes from. If the player is comfortable with his setup who is to tell him he is doing something wrong? Of course there are choices that are objectively wrong and will only debilitate a players form or movement potential... but a drop forward or inverted tank hardly qualifies as "ridiculous".

I don't think anyone has it all figured out and there is always room for preference or creativity especially in a sport where your closest teammate is a mechanical device that you need to be comfortable with.
No you definitely will have better form without a dropforward.

-Wes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i like mine but i never played without one. i bought my gun used and it was already there. my bro has the same gun without the drop forward and he likes his also so i guess to each his own.

·
Registered
533 Posts
No you definitely will have better form without a dropforward.

-Wes.
Then explain your reasoning please. I have two markers at my disposal that have an inverted setup. I have developed my form to both pieces. If I happen to borrow my friends marker for a round or two I am using a regular setup and I adjust my form accordingly to a normally mounted tank.

Regardless of which way the tank is mounted I find a way to tuck the marker into my form and use it.

The only differences I can quantify are the center of gravity of the marker and overall length -- and the effect on my form is negligible.

I don't mean to push you -- but you can't make blanket statements without some reasoning to back it up. That's mis-informative and unfair to the thread starter.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Then explain your reasoning please. I have two markers at my disposal that have an inverted setup. I have developed my form to both pieces. If I happen to borrow my friends marker for a round or two I am using a regular setup and I adjust my form accordingly to a normally mounted tank.

Regardless of which way the tank is mounted I find a way to tuck the marker into my form and use it.

The only differences I can quantify are the center of gravity of the marker and overall length -- and the effect on my form is negligible.

I don't mean to push you -- but you can't make blanket statements without some reasoning to back it up. That's mis-informative and unfair to the thread starter.
I'll make the statement I made earlier of you wont see a pro player or semipro etc player who plays competitively in speedball that uses this inverted tank / drop forward ordeal.

Its statistics. If there is 1 or 2 guys that play PSP with drops or such then theres still the other 99.7% of the league who do not and use straight bottom lines.

-wes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'll make the statement I made earlier of you wont see a pro player or semipro etc player who plays competitively in speedball that uses this inverted tank / drop forward ordeal.

Its statistics. If there is 1 or 2 guys that play PSP with drops or such then theres still the other 99.7% of the league who do not and use straight bottom lines.

-wes.
So you're appealing to majority. Pro's do not invert their tanks or use drop forwards which leads you to to the conclusion that it is because it will hurt their form. It's not that you're wrong, you may very well be right, but have you ever asked a Pro why the league mostly abandoned drops?

By the way, most players aren't and have no aspiration to become pro. I still see LOTS of drop forwards in the recreation level woods and speed community.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
It makes your gun taller, you have to reach around the tank to get to your trigger(thus making you a bigger target then you already were), and your gun with a 45/45 will be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to close.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts