Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
rip them to your computer. reformat them to the appropriate file type and put them on Ipod. you lose quality but its the only way.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its cool, he just didnt understand what I meant... Chill.

I've got a nifty program that will convert just about anything to mpeg4.. I'm not too worried about quality. Its going to be played on a 3" screen so I won't notice it much.

EDIT: I use videora thumup:

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Not sure about a good free one, but we have DvdXCopy. It's so good that it got banned. Not sure if you could transfer them to your Ipod or not, but it does save DVD's to your hard drive.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Off topic, but what is a good software to burn a dvd-r with? I want to put some stuff on a dvd. Videora is the best, but sometimes it takes a while with bigger movies (i.e. family guy the movie).

What size ipod do you have? 60g or 30? I have a 30g in black, only 5g taken up.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Off topic again, but do you have any idea why my ipod wouldn't show up in itunes on my sisters mac laptop? I first connected my ipod to my windows, then I tried to get some music from her and it didnt work. Any ideas?

EDIT: I'm going to make a thread about it also.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
dhill0413 said:
hey numbnuts....he was asking where to get a ripping program. not what to do.
thought he wanted to rip straight to the ipod. sorry? =0

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cucusoft has the easiest program to use out of the box (or from downloading). you just put the dvd into the dvd drive, open the program, and hit convert. once the process is complete you open itunes and open the file menu and select add file to library, browse to c:\converteroutput and select the files that was created. this should work, any problems just post.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
cubsfan4life021 said:
How much does an average movie take up? I thought it was about 400mb??
I dunno really, but ill share what happened when I ripped the RATM. I popped it in, and just hit convert. It ripped the file into the directory I selected. When I opened the files, the quality was amazing- but the whole DVD took up about 4 gigs, completley uncompressed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts