Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would a dye back fit into a cp front? Or do they have to be the same brand to be compatible? Just wondering cause I like the look of the dye two piece and if you could fit the dye back into a cp front it would achieve the same affect more or less with a lot less the cost.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was hoping different but kind of thought as much, would be bad business on Dye and CP'S parts if they were compatible.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
why? i dont see why you would take a CP front over a dye one, chanses are theres no difference but iv always liked the quality of dye. CP, while they have their quality products they are not known for having the kind of overall quality that dye does

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
why? i dont see why you would take a CP front over a dye one, chanses are theres no difference but iv always liked the quality of dye. CP, while they have their quality products they are not known for having the kind of overall quality that dye does
Dye barrel back: $60ish

CP barrel front: $30ish

=$90ish

Dye two piece=$110ish

Money is the difference. Wouldn't save me much that way but it would a little. I like the Dye though and that was why I was wanting to use the DYE back. So it would be SORTA a dye barrel at lest 50% of one. Really what it comes to mostly is I think the CP logo is ugly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
...On further reflection this whole idea of mixing the two brands is hare brained and retarted anyway. Just mark it up to the dumbness of a noob and forget I ever said anything. Thanks though.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Get a different two piece barrel kit

While Dye is nice, they're way overpriced for their performance
It's just a tube of metal after all

Look into the J&J Edge Elite Kit
An entire kit with 5 backs and 3 fronts will cost less than a dye front and back combo

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get a different two piece barrel kit

While Dye is nice, they're way overpriced for their performance
It's just a tube of metal after all

Look into the J&J Edge Elite Kit
An entire kit with 5 backs and 3 fronts will cost less than a dye front and back combo
Yep good idea, like I said mark it up to my noobishness.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
^^Yup. The freak backs don't clean very well at all unless you have SS (I don't), and having owned multiple CF barrels, CF doesn't like cleaning out from breaks at all. Generally requires water and one of them rubber squeegees multiple times to get CF barrels clean if you get a break.

Although CF is sexy (ergo why I have a stiffi tip for my Freak)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts