Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about taking a boomstick appart?. I purchased a 12" (.688) boomstick, and can't get the two pieces appart. I bought a couple of the rubber strap wrenches, and it still won't budge.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I am hearing elsewhere as well. I guess they are glued.
Not sure why anyone would want it glued, since one of the reasons is to change the backs.
Anyone know what could have been used to glue them? Type of glue? There are solvents that should be able to dissolve glues.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
zake1000 said:
Not sure why anyone would want it glued, since one of the reasons is to change the backs.
I believe Dye's reasoning to it when they still glued them was, threading could misalign over time.
Anyone know what could have been used to glue them? Type of glue? There are solvents that should be able to dissolve glues.
I wouldn't reccomend doing that. I would suggest just selling it and buying an ultralite or a non glued boomstick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My local shop also suggested not taking it appart. Once the barrel is taken appart, it may not screw back in correctly.
I think I am going to just buy a new back for my UL barrel.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just beat the living hell out of hit, hit the dam barrel against a cement block or something (ill bet $10 someone uses this post in their sig)

hehehehehehhehehehehehehehe

but then ull have to change the barrel lol

thats what i would do for fun thumup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts