Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 98c I wanted to get a better barrel, so i bought the dye excel barrel, 14 inch. I was excited to have a new barrel, because i needed something more accurate than my stock barrel. So i tried it out and found that it was pretty accurate. But when i shot fast it started chopping balls. Since then it has seemed to be kind of innacurate, and chop balls often. If anyone has this barrel, what kind of balls do you use? I would like to know so i could try them out before i loose hope in this barrel. Thanks.

·
No user title
273 Posts
"Chopping" mean that your front bolt is... well... chopping the paintballs and has nothing to do with your barrel. You will need a faster hopper like a Halo B to keep up with your RT.

If the paint is busting inside your barrel, that means that the paint is either too big of a bore size, swollen, or a bad batch. You should be using any .688 or smaller paint that is decent quality. What kind of paint were you using?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grand Lethal said:
"Chopping" mean that your front bolt is... well... chopping the paintballs and has nothing to do with your barrel. You will need a faster hopper like a Halo B to keep up with your RT.

If the paint is busting inside your barrel, that means that the paint is either too big of a bore size, swollen, or a bad batch. You should be using any .688 or smaller paint that is decent quality. What kind of paint were you using?
I was using dusk. Ok don't think that is my problem because i know dusk is a cheap kind of paint but it is a pretty good quality and has worked well for me in the past, so i tried it for this barrel. i dont have an R/T like you thought i did though, and i think the balls are breaking in my barrel. Also my barrel MIGHT be deffected, because on the inside of it there is a large bump cricling the whole bore, it is lined up right where the Oring is on the outside of my barrel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
thats not a defect, its a funnel type bore, so that the ball goes in a big space, then it narrows out. i have the barrel, but it goes into a barrel adaptor before it goes into my gun. i like the barrel, pretty accurate/quiet. i use hotspots mostly, marbs work great (as always), the only problems io had with it were with low grade practice paint. i suggest a little better paint for the barrel, but dont loose hope, invest the 40 or more dollars that you were gonna buy a new barrel with in a box of medium quality paint, you will not be dissappointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts