Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after looking at all the masks and reading reviews online ive decided im probably going to get the i3, but im going to go to my local paintball store and try on the Proflex, Profiler, and Dye i3 before purchasing it.
I was wondering though i have heard some people say that there i3 fogs up on them some and ive heard others say the complete oposite, more people saying the no fog. So anyone with expierence or comments id love to hear them.

Also the profiler just looks to big and heavy for me compared to the i3, guess ill know better when i try them in person.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When you have an I3 Dark, a more expensive and in my opinion a more sleeker looking mask why are you using a Proflex? You like it better?

Also another question, when you get the stock Dye, it says that they are High Definition lens, not exactly thermal. Is there a difference between thermal and high definition? I would assume the thermal is better at preventing fog but im not sure. Can anyone help me out with this question?

·
394 Posts
I like my I3's, but my Proflex is more comfortable, breathable, and gets some bounces. By High Definition they mean tinted and thermal. They both don't fog, so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
My I3's have fogged, but thats with high humidity and a fat man wearing it. :p

Go with which ever feels the best and is more convenient for you to get.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright looks like I'll be getting a Dye i3, unless theres a drastic difference in comfort when i try them on next weekend. Thanks for the response toXic and Dark.angel.

by the way dark dye i3 look so much cooler than proflex =P

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i noticed that, and i am probably going to get a Proflex now, although are the new ones 100$ as well? the ones that look like the Proflex they advertise on their site. I was under the impression that Proflex was 60$.

Ya i know its my opinion but come on man, they have a rounder lens compared to a ski-goggle type lens, and their vents are ovals and such compared to a falppy straight rubber with holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts