Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying my first paintball gear and marker, and someone suggested that a good mask is something to invest in (in another thread), so I changed my mind about my first mask from Vforce Pro Vantage to Vforce Grill. Even though I am quite sure about Vforce Grill, I thought some suggestions won't hurt. (They mite make my decision harder?)

So.....VForce Grill or Dye i3 Pro???? Would appreciate any suggestions/experiences/comments. (Not random silly ones though.........)

Thanksthumup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I3 Pros>Grillz.

Proflex>all.

But that's just me, go to your local shop and try them all on for yourself.
Yeah..... New Zealand (or is it just the city I live in??) isn't really the place to be for playing paintball.... No, I don't think there are any "local shops".... All I can find is online shops. My local paintball field sells java/vforce low end crap except profilers, which I am not currently considering.. From online stores I can't seem to find proflexes either. Fullcover camo flex 8's has a nice look, are they any good?

And also one of the reasons why im going with grill is its looks....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought myself a Dye i3 Pro and really loved it until I had to take it apart to clean it. It was just crazy how freakin' difficult it was. I've seen a video someplace of someone taking apart a Grill and it looked ridiculously simple.

I can't speak to the comfort and stuff of the Grill but if the convenience of taking the lens off the mask is an important thing, I recommend the Grill.

Of course, I'm still a noob at all this, so take that for what it's worth. thumup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought myself a Dye i3 Pro and really loved it until I had to take it apart to clean it. It was just crazy how freakin' difficult it was. I've seen a video someplace of someone taking apart a Grill and it looked ridiculously simple.

I can't speak to the comfort and stuff of the Grill but if the convenience of taking the lens off the mask is an important thing, I recommend the Grill.

Of course, I'm still a noob at all this, so take that for what it's worth. thumup:
Yea I know, Grill just looks really easy to take apart to clean and stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wear the Fullcover camo flex 8, I like the look, but hate changing the lens. 20 minute job at best. I bought my daughter the Avatar. comes with clear and smoke lenses, and switches in a couple minutes. Can be switched in under 1 min, if you try. The Avatar is light weight and also has a great fit. IMO it is worth the money for what you get! I feel your pain, I live and play in Japan. No shops here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't get Proflexes here but Flex 8 looks nice. I'm probably going to get the I3 Pro thought.... I already have a Proto Switch EL that came with the pack I bought, it's pretty hard plastic so won't get much bounces if any at all. The bottom of the mask sticks out heaps as well... I want a new mask anyways... I'd rather get the E-vents if I'm gonna get a Empire/Vents coz it only cost like $5 more than the Avatar from where I'd get it from, but I don't really like the design of Empire/Vents mask anyways

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Grills are amazing, period.

The way they make the lens is amazing, there is ZERO distortion and the picture is crystal clear. Also, they're extremely comfortable, but that's my opinion.

Both are good masks though, should be happy with either of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Dye I3 Pro,it's a really great mask.I haven't seen or tried on the grillz,but I bet it would be a good mask.But still the I3 pro is a nice mask.Its comfy,thermal lense,etc.Nice mask.But still...your choice. =D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love the Grill, the perifreal is amazing on it and it is pretty easy to clean. Don't know much about the Dye i3 pro but really it all comes down to what you like. Oh ebay has grills for 90$ which is about how much you'll pay for them in just about any store.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
JT. I am typing this to make my post long enough to be posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts