Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i picked a few of these up and all i can say is wow. they are the best pods i have ever used, a must for every serious player. here is the run down:

speed: we all know speed is important while reloading. the dye lock lid pods are the fastest pods i have used. they are quicker and MUCH more durible then the jt speed pods. you just hit a button and 'POP', its open and ready to rock.

durablity: extremely ruff and rugged. the plastic is quite thick and the lids are very secure. we shot one up from about 10 feet away about 10 times and it was still in great condition. the plastic is about as strong, if not stronger, then on the eclipse pods.

compatibility: i noticed a little problem here, the lock lid pods are a little fatter then other pods. i had a hard time using then in my dye core 5 and 4 harness at first. i had to put a little snip into the loops and put the pods in over night so they would slid out smoothly. they seemed to fit fine in my old JT slam pack, in the nartech, reds dimension, and wgp pack. it was a little tight in the NXe and the extreme rage though. if you leave the pods in the pack overnight it seems to stretch them enough so that they wont get stuck

price: wow, they are expensive. i got a good deal on 4 of them, but if i bought them at the shop they would have cost me 30 bucks for those 4. i have seen a few deals where they were chargiing 25 for 6 pods, not to bad. they are definitly worth it IMO.

looks: there is not much to a pod, lol, but these are pretty hot looking. they come in smoke colors which are real nice. they also have bumps all around them to keep them in your harness, for good grip, and for better looks. the bottoms are also flatter then other pods i have used. this allows you to pack more paint in your pods and pack them tighter

ooo, how could i forget! the most important part! THE LIDS LOCK! that means you never have to worry about the lids opening on you when you go for another pod. this happened to me 3 times last week while useing my eclipse pods, but it wont happen anymore. in conclusion, if you want the best of the best, get the dye lock lid pods. NOTHING comes close

-joe

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no problem. its to help out fellow ballers, feel free to use it

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will probably have an A4 fly review tomorrow night. depends on how long bruce lets me use it

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
who moved this? nobody looks in here, lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
the fatboys are really great pods, $4 at my pb shop, they are awesome, flip lids, that stay shut but arent' hard to open, fast, and they're just cool

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
i own 6 lock lids (well 5 now, someone stole one), the man speaks the truth, they own. when first getting them, you may want to sit there while wasting your life away at pbf and constantly open and close them to break the lid in a little bit, makes for easier opening later on. these things rock. we all hate having a pod slip out of our pack and crash on the ground and watch our paint fly all over the place... with these, it wont ever happen. get these pods, its worth the investment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts