Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one would you guys say is better for an Ion? I've read a lot reviews about them and nobody really writes on why they're so good and why one is better than the other one

·
Registered
68 Posts
OOO you beat me to it. i was gonna ask the same question!

anyone have a comparison?

·
Lurk Moar
178 Posts
i dunno about the Ion, but i've got a Stiffi on my Spyder Rodeo, and the only difference i notice is it's quieter than the stock barrel. for 14in barrel, i haven't noticed a difference in accuracy at all.

I don't know anything about the Dye barrel. I know it's not for the same gun, but how much difference can it really make?

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
The Stiffi is probably going to be a little lighter, but the UL is already really light. UL you have color choices as with the Stiffi it's obviously just carbon fiber. Both great barrels really. As for sound, this has to do with the porting (holes in the barrel) mainly, so whichever has more will be quieter. Battle Swabs aren't recommended to be used with Stiffis because you can scrape up the inside boring of the barrel which could alter the shot. Stiffi (switch atleast) has more backs (I forget what they call them) available so you might be able to match the paint better, but they're only 2in. long. UL's don't come as kits (3 different bored backs available anyway) and they're backs/fronts are quite expensive, but with the .692 back, you would be perfect for a lot of paint. Personally I'd go with the UL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a stiffi for mt ion and it is so much quieter than the stock and also it is more accurate, i have a 3 inch wide tree in my back yard about 25 yards away and i can pop 14 out of 15 shoots (the only one i missed was the very first
but i dont know about tedye ul ihave heard some good things about it though

THE STIFFI is SWEET

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would ge the stiffi because it is quieter as metal rebounds sound a lot more than carbon fiber.

The Stiffi is probably going to be a little lighter, but the UL is already really light. UL you have color choices as with the Stiffi it's obviously just carbon fiber.
The Stiffi barrels have out the new mamba where they dye the carbon fiber before it is created into the barrel. you can also get cool designs premade from stiffi; like camo, psycho design, tiger, patriotic, and a lot more. So really you get a lot more color choices with stiffi than Dye.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
DW fibur>Ul>Stiffi.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Honestly I misread the date thinking it said March 14th instead of 4th the date and threw the Fibur in there, because it is def. better then both.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would ge the stiffi because it is quieter as metal rebounds sound a lot more than carbon fiber.

The Stiffi barrels have out the new mamba where they dye the carbon fiber before it is created into the barrel. you can also get cool designs premade from stiffi; like camo, psycho design, tiger, patriotic, and a lot more. So really you get a lot more color choices with stiffi than Dye.
Ya, old ass thread. The Mamba wasn't around at the time.
my first thought wheni saw you posted no color choices, do people not look at dates?

o and he probaly got an email telling some one replied to this old-ass thread

·
Registered
13 Posts
could someone explain to me how a DW shoots better than a freak when al the ball touches is the insert??

My theory would be that it would shoot same as afreak but be quieter and lighter b/c it couldn't possibly be any more accurate than a freak

just IMO
i am curious

1 - 13 of 13 Posts