Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Should I get the Dye Ultralite for my A-5?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SpAcE GuNNa
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Tippmann A-5 I am looking for a barrel that is very accurate and all around very very good. At Paintballexpress.com I have found a 14" Black Dye Ultralite barrel for my A-5. It is only $79.99 compared to $99.00-$102 at other places. The bore size I believe of the Dye Ultralite is around .688-.690 and the paint I use is .687-.689 I use mainly Draxxus Midnight, Blaze, and PMI Stingers.

I was wondering if you guys could vote on the poll above, and tell your stories and how the Ultralite is and if I should get it or not.

Please I need your help. :)

Thanks

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Yes, but no.

persoanlly, I feel that putting a lot of money into a low-end marker isn't a good idea. I see it as a waste and that money should be used toward paying for a new higher-end marker.

But, if you still want to upgrade it, then ya, the UL is one of the best quality barrels out. Very light, 2-piece, cool looking, good design, more backs available with different bore sizes, and can give you great accuracy if you have a good paint to barrel match.

·
SpAcE GuNNa
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I am trying to get a few jobs also to get a lot more money, once I become a lot better and played a lot more then I will probably get a Higher end gun. Put until then I will be using A-5 thats why.
The reason I can put $79 into barrel is because of the A-5 I am not really going to get any upgrades or anything, so I wont be wasting anymore money on that end.

I just basically want a good barrel I know will be good. :cool:

·
SpAcE GuNNa
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can the ones who vote for no explain why you think that I shouldnt? Thanks hope you understand that I want a reason not to, if I dont.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
If you want a good cheap barrel, J&J ceramic or CP 1 piece. Don't waste money on a low end gun if you plan on buying a high end gun, you'll regret it later.

·
SpAcE GuNNa
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sNoW PIrAnHa said:
If you want a good cheap barrel, J&J ceramic or CP 1 piece. Don't waste money on a low end gun if you plan on buying a high end gun, you'll regret it later.

I just got my A-5 :naughty I won't be getting a high end gun for at least 2 years, I was thinking since I am not putting in any upgrades I should get a barrel that will work. I am looking for one that will perform the best you could say. ;)

Also apart from Dye Ultralite, I heard Lapco Snapshot was also a good barrel maybe someone thinks that would be better? :shrug:

My friends and I play recreation, but we might also do a tourament team, and do a tourament once a month or so also, so I want to make sure a barrel that will perform well if it is Recreation: Speedball, Woodsball, or Tourament play. I am a back player.

Thanks for the help so far.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Just get a CP 2-Piece Barrel, they are like $60 and are great quality for the price. If not that, then get the CP 1-Piece like Dave said. You have a good paint to barrel match, and you will most likely see good performance from any barrel.

·
SpAcE GuNNa
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard J&J is good but I heard Snapshot and Ultralite perform better then it. I dunno what to do.

This is my 3rd barrel I have tried to get I want to make sure I get the right one this time. I got Flatline I found out I might do touraments a little bit flatline is not good.. and I didn't like hard to install, etc. I then got Lapco Bigshot but i sold to my friend for basically same price I got it for because on his A-5 I saw him using stock and I felt back for him and I wanted him to have a better barrel.

I know a lot of people say Bigshot is good for A-5, I think it is good also but I believe from using I could have still had better. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts