Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got my e-grip installed and noticed that when i fire with the full auto mode it seems to always break balls. I have the Flatline barrell and not sure if thats the cause because it works fine in all other modes just not fully auto. However full auto did work with my stock barrell. Any tips? Do i need to adjust the fire rate down when its on full auto? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
z71redneck08 said:
Yea it may be to fast for the hopper. But doesnt the a5 have the cyclone feed so i dunno

It does.

Im pretty new to this, but form what i have read, sevral thigns could be the cause.

Quality of ball / cal of ball im told can make a difference. If the ball is too low quality, it cant handle rapid fire as well as others.

·
Registered
27 Posts
its not to fast for the hopper b/c the egrip doesnt fire faster than 15 bps. Your flatline might not be installed in far enough from the last time you took it off or the paint isnt a good fit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats the difference between the two? All i know is they were just exploding in the barrell. When i took the gun apart there was alittle bit of paint around the hopper but nothing inside of it really.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Flatline isn't made for fast shooting, more or less. It's made for long balls. For fast shooting, take a look at a straight barrel, like one from CP.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was talking to a guy down at the local paintball shop and he said it shouldnt be the paint otherwise it would be breaking when it was in other modes also. As for the flatline not being a fast shooting barrell it works awesome with auto response which can be almost the same fire rate as full auto.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well, maybe you have a super-flatline or something. I dunno.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
CustomProDude said:
Flatline isn't made for fast shooting, more or less. It's made for long balls. For fast shooting, take a look at a straight barrel, like one from CP.
Bull-tihs.

Me and my friends shoot 15bps thru our flatlines (both A5's and 98's) all day long with no worrys. My guess is an improper flatline install, high velocity or crappy paintballs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You say that waaay too often.

But I'll look into my flatline and how it's installed. Balls go through it easily up to ~8 BPS, then they start choppin'.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Inproper install is kinda hard with the a5 flatline isnt it? It just locks into place and thats that.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah. But I took it apart to clean it once.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah ill try tuning it way down and see if that helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts