Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a E-Grip for my Custom Pro and it will be here this friday and I have a few questions before it gets here. Anyone who owns one or can jsut answer the questions would be greatly appricated.

- There are five modes of fire: Semi, 3 burst, Full auto, response mode, and Turbo. The first three are obvious but what the heck are response and turbo mode?

- How many bps can the E-Grip handle?

-Any suggestions of a good hopper? I would love to have a Halo but I just feel that I will be paying for something that is beyond the abilitys of a woodsball Tippmann. Is there a different hopper that is good, cheaper, and can keep up with the Grip? (A low profile would be great) I have a grav feed right now and thats just not going to cut it for too long.

Edit* Please do not suggest the Cyclone, I know they would be perfect for what I just discribed but I realy dont want one.

-How well can it stand up to water?

-Worth the extra money for it?

-And finally, how would it compare to a stock 98?

Thanks. And sorry for all the questions.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Responce mode should shoot once on the pull and once on the release.
Turbo will shoot a few shots semi and then go into full auto...I think, probably wrong on this one.

Halo's are great, you can get one used about half price. Same for the Empire version the Reloader.

If you don't want one, you can get some other electric hopper, like a revvy (slower, but pretty unbreakable).

Don't worry about water and don't take your gun swimming.

Money? Probably worth it. Yes.

It's faster and the trigger pull is lighter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had one of these for about 2 years now and it actually has 6 different modes of fire: Semi, Auto, 3 Round burst, 6 Round Burst, Response, and Turbo.
On fully auto I get about 14 Rds per sec and on the turbo function it fires semi auto until you pull the trigger more than twice a sec then it switches to response mode. As far as water I have never taken the chance I paid 495.00 for my gun two years ago and decided it wasn't worth the risk of taking it out in the rain. On the hopper I used a revvy and it broke balls so I agree with Torch get a Halo, it's pricey but well worth the money. I don't really use my tippy really anymore (Which is why I am selling it for those that are looking) because I have a cocker now but it doesn't break a ball with the Halo.
Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, thanks. If you say the revvy will break balls than that helps tremendously. I have the A.C.T. so that might help some. What kind of Halo then? Or all they all pretty quick, I have seen some that are about 50 bucks and will those cut it? Or do I need to up it to the Halo B? (I kinda dont want to spend so much cause its not like I'm entering in tourneys were I can win it back)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O hey jacpan I thought of another question. How do you change the firing mode? Is it a button or a swich or what? I guess what I'm getting at is it capable of being changed during a game quickly and easily.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Halo TSA is a really good Hopper, Cheap, fast and works great keeps up with my E-Grip.

Torch, sorry but your wrong on your turbo deff and your resoponse one.

Turbo is where is where your gun fires when you pull and release the trigger and Response is when you pull the trigger 3 times and then it'll jump to about 15 bps, but you have to continue to pull the trigger at least 2 bps for it to continue at 15 bps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The black box located on the bottom of the chip in the picture with the three tabs is how you change the modes. you simply click them up or down and it changes the modes of fire.

Attachments

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
the_real_kaz said:
Torch, sorry but your wrong on your turbo deff and your resoponse one.

Turbo is where is where your gun fires when you pull and release the trigger and Response is when you pull the trigger 3 times and then it'll jump to about 15 bps, but you have to continue to pull the trigger at least 2 bps for it to continue at 15 bps.
Ah well, won't be the last time I'm wrong.

As long as he knows what they do.

I'm a fan of true semi...Because anything more is for failures. :tup :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I would either go with a revvy or an egg with that. More towards revvy because I've had one of mine forever and never had 1 problem. But they feed inconsistantly and you may chop if you shoot more than 12 bps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never chopped a ball....yet. Tippmanns A.C.T. bolt works pretty good.

When you guys say egg, you mean the Viewloader Evolution right? That thing looks like its center of balance is to far back and the stack would break easliy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya cause I wouldnt think that the makers of it would let it be weak knowing that it could break (there smarter than us) Whats the bps of an egg?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts