Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey when is the egrip out for the tippman 98 custom i have a response system double triger a twster barell a ****ty electronic hoper 20oz tank and am wanting to get the e grip.... me and my dad when to try and get a tippman 98 custom to play like a high prised electroinic gun withought buying things that cost like 200 dollars for it <exept the gun itself> :tup :D

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
That board is for E-grip'd A-5's and 98 Pro's. I'm not sure it'll drive the E-bolt noid, but it might since the ram is spring return and the 'noid valve is only a one way setup.

E-bolt is the end all upgrade for Tippmann's anyway. No longer in production, but stores will still sell you one, and there's plenty used for even less money. It has its limits though, and isn't physically (stock form, at least) capable of more than around 13bps. That aside, it makes the 98 fully electropneumatic which most would agree is much nicer than a sear-tripper electro.

Either way, the RT would have to go to get any other system into the gun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
every one so there is nothing i can do with a rt but i was wondering if i could put in like a whole new grip in like a roking triiger or somthing with a electric boardardeay in it c the hole thing is about htis is it is kind of like a project me and my dad are doing we are tryingto get my 98 custom to shoot like a electronic gun withou buying nething for it over like 150

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
It's possible to fit a cut down spyder board, solenoid, and the harness and switches into a 98 grip, with some cutting and mods to the parts of course. I had it all layed out but never started cutting because well...it just wasn't worth it because it was about the same time I got my other project guns. I never found a place for the 9-volt though. It was going to have to be mounted outside the grip. Probably wire tied to something.

If you used a T-board with bounce-beam eyes (because of the side feed messing things up for break-beam) you could try that for an added bonus.

As for putting another guns grip on the 98, it's possible. But keeping the gun a sear tripper would be a challange.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
You're not available, it's telling me.

Go ahead and write up whatever you wanted to know about and I'll answer it when I get a chance. I've got to get off here and get some stuff done and I'll be at work all night. If I don't get a chance tonight I'll definetly pick up on it tomorrow morning.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
That was a nice looking one alright. I think there's some pics of it in the picture thread.

Looked really sharp.

I'm fairly sure it was an E-bolted version, so there would be no parts to line up, only wires and air lines to plumb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts