Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently been looking around for a new mask and was only looking at Proflex, i3, profiler. For some reason i didnt know about the Event.
Anyways from the reviews on pbreview it seems like its an awesome mask.
It has the easy lens remove like proflex and profiler, a sleek look like the i3, and of course great vision and anti-fog.

What do you guys think about it compared to those 3 and others? I really wanted an i3 but was worried about how hard it is to remove the lens and didnt want a proflex cuz the lame look, seems like the event is the right fit.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
In all honesty, everyone likes something different. plenty of people will say "mask X is better because i like it" You need to go try some on for yourself. If you can't do that take your pick, they're all decent enough for nobody to complian about.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i guess thats true, it just seems like theres gotta be that top mask that almost all the pro's use, am i wrong?

What do the pro's use most? I see very few i3's and proflex's used. Seems like Event is popular and other masks i dont know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried on both the E-Vent and the Dye and liked the ease of changing the lens on the E-vent. I wear corrective glasses and so I was looking for a set of goggles geared towards having space between my glasses and the lens. Both the E-vent and the Dye goggles fit perfectly, but the Dye's ability to change lenses with those weird pegs made me choose the E-vent which only involves turning 2 pieces near the ears to unhook the tabs on the lens. The Dye involves prying open the top and nose piece of the goggles. Some people have said that it takes them about 5 minutes whereas other people have said about 15-20. The E-vent actually came with both tinted and clear lenses. The Dye only came with the clear and the tinted was an extra $30 give or take.

The best way to find a set of goggles to your liking is to try them on in a store. I didn't want the hassle of buying a set online and have to go through the process of sending it back after having tried 4 sets of goggles!

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
Well, I own a pair of ventz, and JT proflexs, but i gotta tell ya, I tried on a pair of dye I3 pros the other day, and if I came across some at a decent price I'd probably pick them up. They were comfy as hell. I would recommend going to a store and trying on a few pair, that way you know what you're getting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are all good masks. They all have their benefits. I picked the Events because it felt the best on my head. Key word being "MY" head. Try them all on and decide which one you like the best.

·
Registered
29 Posts
like the previous posts said, for goggles, it's best to actually try them on in the store rather than buying them online because you get a feel for it on your head and you can adjust it however way you like it without the hassle of packaging it back up and returning it with an RMA number if you get it online

·
Registered
11 Posts
flex = greater than all other mask

I have used all of the crap (scott,jt carboard editions,viewloader,be)
(then i have used the ventz line (avatar/cylus) and wore some dye)
my flex still is the best

especially when you spend $50 for a uber sweet mask and not $120 on a brutal resale dye i3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts