Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own both an E99 and an Imagine (pre-04)

In your opinon, which is better? I really haven't gotten a chance to shoot my E99 yet cuz it's been cold and I've been in collage.

in your opinions, what is the better marker? or does it just come down to personal preference?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well, it has "graphic engraving" as stated by the kingman site. and it has the drop forward. thats all i can think of. they both are the same in performance otherwise. believe me if you take them both apart, its the same inside. i'd be replacing all those stock parts anyway(if thats your intention). the bolt is shorter on the imagine, but thats a good thing i think. I was asking the same question, "If the imagine is just as good, why do the others cost more?" I thought it was some hidden reason and maybe the rest were better. I guess thats whay you're supposed to think and thats what kingman wants you to think, so you'll buy them i guess. They do get a little better, like some come with regulators and gauges. or anti-chop bolts. But if you want to do the upgrading yourself, get the imagine just b/c you already get the e-frame (a $90 value by itself) plus a gun body to get started with. i didnt buy the imagine last year b/c i thought it was fugly, and that i'd upgrade the rodeo since it looked nicer. and the rodeo has been great, but i ordered a new blue imagine a few days ago b/c i wanted the esp frame. so i'll just have a backup gun. if this doesnt convince you, keep asking around. thats how i was. it doesnt hurt to be sure.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah, the E99 trigger frame is different from the imagine frame because it has fast and slow burst/automatic. I like the E99 milling and power coating better then the imagine. I guess it does come down to preference. But I think my black imagine with clear grips looks so sweet! but the e99 with a silver dragun triger frame woudl be so great also since i replaced all teh dull silver pieces with polished silver pieces. I'll try to get pics up to see what y'all think

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yea that'd be great, post pictures. I guess if you have both then you've got two e-grips. Just out of curiousity, how did you end up with 2 electro spyders? Yea i'm just the opposite, when i got the rodeo it was all bling bling chrome, and i sprayed the whole trigger frame and feed neck black. I just like it like that better. And i have my bicycle grip over the regulator, which i just love that b/c i havent seen it done before.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh, the question of the hour, why do I own 3 spyder electros? because I can.
no, actually I bought them cheap off of ebay and am gonan sell them back, but in the meantime since I have then I'm working on them and learning about them as much as I can. I'm startign to see your point aout teh bling bling factor. and I was wondering, is there a way to mod the E99 to have a top or side cocking bolt?

tmaxx_2.5 said:
neg. All spyders have fast/slow settings..

really? how do you change it on the imagine then? My E99 has 5 LED'sthat tell you, and my imagine does not.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
martix_agent said:
really? how do you change it on the imagine then? My E99 has 5 LED'sthat tell you, and my imagine does not.
You push and hold the button on the imagine, go through the sequences, the LED's change colors..

·
Naughty Ice
1,596 Posts
martix_agent said:
Ahh, the question of the hour, why do I own 3 spyder electros? because I can.
no, actually I bought them cheap off of ebay and am gonan sell them back, but in the meantime since I have then I'm working on them and learning about them as much as I can. I'm startign to see your point aout teh bling bling factor. and I was wondering, is there a way to mod the E99 to have a top or side cocking bolt?

ive seen it done but it involves drilling the bolt and cutting the top of the body to put a cocking bolt.

·
Registered
717 Posts
E-99/ DIP switches blahhhh ugly and can be a pain.

Imagine/ IPI push button system (INTELLIGENT Push-button Indicator)

But notice that the E-99 Avant has the IPI system because its a better frame.

......Imagine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts