Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the Easyrider Show yesterday and took about 70 pics. Here's 6 of them. Sorry about the quality, the image host did that to them. I might post more later.

I got to meet Billy Lane (famous bike builder), and I got his autograph. He's a pretty cool guy.

Billy Lane's Camel bike. Billy Lane is the guy in the white t-shirt in the background.

A close-up of the Camel's rear wheel. It has no hub.

Billy's bike that he most recently built for a show on the Discovery Channel, Biker Build-Off.

I really liked the paint job on this one

Both of these bikes are West Coast Choppers

Billy Lane's Miss Behavin

There were a ton more bikes, but I just thought I'd post a few of my favorite pics. I might post more later, and hopefully they'll be of better quality.

Edit - And for some reason the IMG tags aren't working for me.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Those bikes are pretty cool. Did they have any of the orange county choppers there?

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sick_dawg5440 said:
Those bikes are pretty cool. Did they have any of the orange county choppers there?
Ahhhh! No!

A couple reasons for that:

1. OCC is too stuck up for contests like this one now that they're so famous.

2. The real chopper community does not like OCC. The choppers they build are weak. They order nearly all their parts. They just aren't unique, and one of a kind. If you've ever watched Biker Build-Off and seen Billy Lane build a bike you'd know what I mean. That man takes raw steel, and bends with his hands. That's what I call a true chopper. All of his stuff is innovative. OCC on the other hand usually only fabricate the handle bars for their bikes. It's weak, truly.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Rebel Yell said:
Ahhhh! No!

A couple reasons for that:

1. OCC is too stuck up for contests like this one now that they're so famous.

2. The real chopper community does not like OCC. The choppers they build are weak. They order nearly all their parts. They just aren't unique, and one of a kind. If you've ever watched Biker Build-Off and seen Billy Lane build a bike you'd know what I mean. That man takes raw steel, and bends with his hands. That's what I call a true chopper. All of his stuff is innovative. OCC on the other hand usually only fabricate the handle bars for their bikes. It's weak, truly.
Yah, I dont really like them that much. All the show is is the son and dad arguing a lot. I am not really into choppers a lot but it is still cool. I did notice that they always ordered parts from everywhere else though and never really do anything except put it together...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Billy Lane has mad cool dreddies.....

I sooo want to build motorcycles/cars (custom)....but you have to be a mechanic...and mechanics don't make much money.....so it's sorta a gamble....darn

·
Registered
905 Posts
if anyone else here watched the great biker build off..... the other guy should have one by far. the only cool thing about billy bike were the tailpipes but yea i would have liked to go. plus on the GBB billy's paintjob was a solid red with no character, but w/e just my opinion.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ninja7 said:
if anyone else here watched the great biker build off..... the other guy should have one by far. the only cool thing about billy bike were the tailpipes but yea i would have liked to go. plus on the GBB billy's paintjob was a solid red with no character, but w/e just my opinion.
There have been 3 (I think) Great Biker Buil-Offs so far. Billy has been in all of them. Which one are you referring to?

·
Registered
905 Posts
it was between billy and some guy from up north. the other guy had a really strong boston/new york accent. his bike was red with an insane flame job on the tank. billy's was orange-ish red-ish with tail pipes that were welded ontop of the rear fender

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ninja7 said:
it was between billy and some guy from up north. the other guy had a really strong boston/new york accent. his bike was red with an insane flame job on the tank. billy's was orange-ish red-ish with tail pipes that were welded ontop of the rear fender
That other guy was Dave Perowitz.

The reason Billy won is because one, his was a bigger chopper, had a wild tank style, and he did something different with the pipes (routed underneath the seat). Dave's bike was your typical old man's bike. There wasn't all that much special about it. Billy Lane's style of building is what makes him a favorite today. He's got ideas flowing through his head like crazy. There is only one way to describe Billy Lane; badass. And this is what stands out in the chopper community, and all the fans. Which is most likely why he won.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts