Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in the owners manual that you need to open and clean your solenoid if you get paint in it, this looked like a rather difficult task. I asked someone about it and I was told not to [email protected]#% with it.

Is it something I should do or is it more trouble than its worth?

I saw a solenoid cover on moody paintball but they will not respond to my emails. Does anyone know of a cover for these? here is the link to the one on moody http://www.moodypaintball.com/pages/covers.htm

Thanks

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
if u get paint in it, then there is something else wrong. u COULD get shot on the bottom of it, but the chances of that are slip to none. i WOULD NOT open it up unless u need to replace the gasket. u can clean whatever paint gets in there w/ a q-tip and not have to open it up

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know of any covers?

·
Banned
543 Posts
there is one, if you hunt around on pbnation, there is a website that sells them. when its raining or muddy, i just get plastic rap and wrap it around mine, and poke a whole in it sumwre so it can breath

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are there any covers that dont void the warrenty?

How much is a new oid if I cant clean it and this one gets screwed up?

Also my solenoid sits kinda crooked ( it sticks out a little ) I have tried to wedge something between the solenoid and and the LPR to keep it straight but it keep popping back out, is there a way to make it sit straight? I was going to cut the hose down a bit but was not sure if that mess things up./

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote from DBD "Dude, if it works, don't worry about it.

This response it is the dumbest thing Ive heard, if you dont have an answer... dont reply.

Im worrying about it now so I dont have down time when it does become an issue.

Its called preventitive thinking.

So DBD thanks for your input but if you dont have the answer dont get involved.

Sorry to flame but I thought it was needed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you check the trashcan of every former stock cocker owner you are likely to find a nice plastic shroud. Frankly I'm surprised there hasn't been an aftermarket for coker "pneu condoms" or some such stylish gizmo. Wouldnt be too hard to come up with something neater than a black plastic coffin to protect the exposed intestines... say a neoprene sock with a half-naked japanese chick on it, or a chrome bullet-slash-paint deflector......or take a page from pump stock and fashion a shroud from clear plastic billet to protect yet show the internals...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool thanks, I was thinking of fabricating something for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts