Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Eclipse e blade and I want to shorten the trigger a little more. I know I have to adjust those small allen screws in the trigger. Do I need to adjust anything else or just set the trigger to my liking?

I see some people really rip with these triggers, is this because of how there gun and trigger is set up, or is that skill.

It seems like the trigger action is hindering me from shooting faster.

Thanks for any input.

This Hobby Rules....

·
Registered
716 Posts
Look at the trigger. There are 3 adjustment spots... 2 at the top of the trigger one in the middle.

The one nearest to the trigger guard is actually a magnet. Adjust it to make your pull lighter or heavier. Back it out for a lighter pull, screw it in for a heavier pull. The lighter your pull, the more bounce you will have.

The screw behind the magnet sets the length of the pull BEFORE the marker fires. screw it in to make the pull shorter, unscrew it to make the pull longer. Be careful not to make it too short, or the trigger will be past the firing point.

The screw in the middle of the trigger sets the amount of distance the trigger travels AFTER the marker fires. Tighten it to decrease the travel, loosen it to increase travel. But be careful, because it is easy to tighten it so much that the trigger cant go far enough to fire. If that happens, just loosen it some.

That's all you gotta do. Since all you're really adjusting is how long the pull is before the marker registers a pull and engages the sear solenoid... So you dont have to mess with anything else.

But ripping really fast does require skill.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are there any timing adjustments needed to do this or just mess with the 3 set screws?

Is bounce a good thing or bad thing

Thanks for a detailed explaination

Cerebeus you da man

·
Registered
716 Posts
You dont have to change anything in the timing. Because as I said, all that happens when you pull the trigger is the sear solenoid engages. All you are changing is how far the trigger moves before and after it reaches that point. It has nothing to do with the actual engaging of the solenoid, so you don't have to retime anything.

Bounce is when you fire more than once for a single trigger pull. It can be caused by something as simple as the recoil of the marker causing the trigger to be pulled ever so slightly again and refiring the marker. That's why you have filter settings (TPUL and TREL) on your eblade. TPUL is the time required for the trigger to be pulled for the pull to be accepted as a real pull. The TREL is the time the trigger has to be released before the marker will fire again. Obviously, by upping these values, you make it so that recoil will not be able to refire the marker, because the trigger would be moving too fast.

And whether bounce is good or bad depends on a few things. If you're playing rec a little bounce is fine. In tournaments, however, bounce means the end of your tourney life.

I find it's best to adjust your settings until you eliminate bounce altogether. That way you know that is was YOU who eliminated your opponent, and not the gun firing faster than it should.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bro that cleared up a lot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to learn how to rip with this thing I can only fire 10 bps on a good day.

Are there any tips for increasing finger speed besides drinking a case of red bull?

Thanks Fellas

·
Registered
146 Posts
practice on anything.i usually practice at work on the key board.i start playing with the "o" and the "p" i basically fill the whole page.helps me figure out wich finger is doing the most work.

and red bull works like a dream. on tourney day take one 15 minutes before each game.it will make u a superstar :D or give you one hell of a massive heart attack.but if that happens u at least have a good excuse as to why your team sucked,because you were'nt there ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey if you want to increase you finger pulling speed they came up with these weights that u put on your finger and it is sposted make u shoot faster I would not now cause i have not acculty tried them but i saw them in a apg issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts