Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmm, I'm tempted to throw one (two?) of these in the Z. Too bad I don't really have money for audio stuff right now. I would still need an amp, right Pierced?

-Jin
Yeah you would def want an amp for them, these are a great affordable way to add some bass to your vehicle. The subs sound and preform great, dont require a lot of power, and dont require a lot of airspace. win win win lol.

feed those things a good clean 125-150wrms and you will be very very happy with these lil things.

something like this would be great on a pair of those.
PowerBass ASA-300.2 (asa3002) 2-Channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
elemental designs=the s***, hands down

I used to have two 10s from them about four years ago. They sounded much cleaner, and hit a lot harder than the two alpine type s subs that I used to have. If I ever do get another sub, it'll be from these guys

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
i want one of their 13" subs but it wont fit in the g35......lame.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
i got one re audio 10 already pushing 1200watts. I was bummed because i had to trade in my 12 for it though.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Strongly considering putting 4 of these in my car... Trying to maximize my trunk space and I could fit these in the corners instead of having my 2.5 cu. ft. box for my single 12" Type R taking up all this space in my car now.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Well I just bought 2. I'm a sucker for a great deal. I'll get an amp closer to the spring, but I thought this was just too good to pass up.

I've also got my eye on some new wheels for the Z. I'll be sure to let you guys know. thumup:

-Jin

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
<- Has the amp you need.
What is it, and how much? And would I be able to run two of these subs, plus two 6.5" 2 way speakers? I bought some Infinity 2 ways back in the Fall. I'm thinking I can get some more 2 ways for the front, and run those off of the headunit, and then run the subs and the rear 2 ways off of the amp. That should work, right (depending on the amp)? I'm a car audio nüb.

-Jin

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
What is it, and how much? And would I be able to run two of these subs, plus two 6.5" 2 way speakers? I bought some Infinity 2 ways back in the Fall. I'm thinking I can get some more 2 ways for the front, and run those off of the headunit, and then run the subs and the rear 2 ways off of the amp. That should work, right (depending on the amp)? I'm a car audio nüb.

-Jin
I'll have to grab the stats for it tomorrow, it came in my Mustang. Generally if you are going to run an amplified system, you're much better off to have the subs on a dedicated amp, and then all your other speakers on a component amp. What kind of head unit do you have?

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I'll have to grab the stats for it tomorrow, it came in my Mustang. Generally if you are going to run an amplified system, you're much better off to have the subs on a dedicated amp, and then all your other speakers on a component amp. What kind of head unit do you have?
Pioneer DEH 1900. I'd like to keep the system as simple as possible, especially because with the Z I have limited room. I'm not looking for audiophile-quality stuff, just something better than the BLOSE system that's in there.

*Edit* Found this about my HU:
Built-in Speaker Power: MOSFET 50W x 4 Continuous Power Output: 22W x 4
-Jin

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Look what showed up...

I only opened the one box, but I did get two. From working with theatrical/production sound equipment, I can say these are some very nice, high quality subs. I can't wait to get the rest of the system and get it in the Z come spring time!

RB, let me know on that amp.

-Jin

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
What is hilarious is that the silver part of those i the same size as the dust cap on the 8 inch subs..man i love those.; I need to get a new rca cable for my car though, mine go nuts when i hook them up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts