Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QUICK EDIT: sorry idk why I put 12 i meant 11

I was thinking about getting this over a mini but the 2 big turn offs are the trigger(heard it was bad) and the effiency(which I hear is very bad from other people), but I was wondering if people know what's right because it looks like a good starting speedball marker.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
it is a good one, first of all, triggers are all personal preference so you cant always go by others opinions on a trigger, i love the stock trigger on my DM6, i know others who dont like the stock UL trigger. so dont go buying a trigger before you know. as for efficiency your looking at about 1200 off a 68/45, about on par for a unbalanced spool

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alrighty sounds good, I'll see if I can try it out soon to see if I like the trigger, but just another thing what would you compare this to the mini because i've also been looking at that too?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ya they are great to compare to each other actually

PMR is a unbalanced spool while the mini is a air rammed poppet so the mini will kick a little more but get better efficiency (not by much, i was getting around 1300-1400 out of my mini when i had it) PMR should be a little quieter because its a spool. mini is smaller and lighter almost too small for me and some people dont like it because it is so small. uses a hall effects sensor trigger which feels like a light sensor trigger, im not a fan, PMR uses a microswitch trigger and UL frame. mini has a supprisingly wide frame for its size. mini uses crazy ass custom sizes for its o-rings that are not standard so you have to make sure and have some on hand. PMR uses standard sizes, still a good idea to have some on hand but much much more likely to be able to find those in a pro shop. cant mount a on/off asa to a mini, can to a PMR. cant change regs on the mini, can with the PMR (no reason to though)

PMR is typically a little more expensive

so its up to you, there are ups and downs to each marker

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ill go to my local pro shop and see, i dont think the mini will be the most comfortable but still i see what happens thanks thumup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts