Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ya i got off of school to go to the dentist for my regular check up, it was my second time in about a month because i broke half of my front tooth off in a wrestling tourney and went to get it capped... so after all the checkups and such were done the dentist tells me that i have to get a double root canal on both of my front teeth... the thing is i have no 'effin clue wat a root canal is, i know that it doesnt hurt cuz they numb ur mouth or sumthin but my main concern is how long is this b*tch gunna take, my dad told me sumwhere around 3 hours

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I remember hearing root canals are painful and very uncomfortable? I dunno for sure, I`ve only ever had 1 cavity and it was done with a laser so, I unno how any of that stuff feels...wisdom teeth hurt like a ***** though when they get removed.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yes root canals are actually paintful, sorry to say. At least from what i hear. Since they are going into your root, it may not numb you all the way and itll hurt. goodluck

·
GO BUCKS
798 Posts
Don't worry man. I had a root canal two years ago and I did not feel a single thing. I just layed there and watched tv while he drilled away. When he was done I got up and went out to get something to eat and didn't feel a thing. Don't listen to all of the people telling you that it will hurt terribly, because it doesn't. Maybe back in the 50's but nowadays you won't feel a thing.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Luckily I have only had 1 cavity, but it was in my baby teeth, so I never had it worked on. But I hear it hurts, but not as much as people say they do.

I got back from the doctor a couple hours ago, look's like I will be having my gall bladder taken out in a little while. :(

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
getting a cavity drilled/filled isn't that bad if you have a good dentist.

get some hydrocodon, it'll make you feel better =D

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
tippmannbeast said:
getting a cavity drilled/filled isn't that bad if you have a good dentist.
thats part of it yeah, but another part is yourself. i had to get crowns on a few molars, and when they drilled the right side into my nerve i didnt feel anything, the novacaine or w/e worked great, but on my left side it hurt like hell..they gave me the max legal amount and i still felt it..that was gay

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
well ive had four done. ive had every dentist problem in the book, so im used to it by now. i didnt feel a thing. my dentist lets you play video games while your teeth are being drilled so i was playing xbox so my mind wasnt on it. see if your dentist will let you listen to music or watch tv it helps.

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
Omg dude. In 5th grade I broke my front tooth in half, and I just had a cap on it, but this year (around october) I had to get a double root canal, it blew hardcore afterwards, but I got to take vicodin. It didn't hurt at all when it was being done, but what they do is, drill a big ass hole in the back of your tooth and stick a bunch of metal rods down in, after taking the root out, then put dentistry cement over it. And you're done. I now have a porcelin (Sp) vinnere (sp) cap on it, that was ****ing $465.00! Luckily insurance covered it.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
you guys are panseys :p

i had a rootcanal...i didnt even feel it...as soon as they said it was alright for me to eat that day which was about 45 minutes after... i went and ate at chik fil a.... :p

meh it didnt hurt...my mouth felt really weird from all the numbness though...and i kept wanting to see what it would be like to bite through my lip...seeing as i couldnt feel it..lol i remember mom telling me how stupid i was...and i said "yeh i know i had to miss a friggin day of school for this"

·
Registered
363 Posts
My wisdom teeth were impacted so they busted them out with a chisel, then did a root canal to remove and fix the rest. They gave me valum but id dint take it, untill the novacaine wore off the OMG!!!, I learned real quick why I was given the meds......... but yes after the fact is the bad part..............

·
Registered
830 Posts
make sure you go to someone who knows what theyre doing. my orthodontist's assistant was popping the brackets off my teeth when i got them off, and chipped part of the lower part of one of my teeth (this was november 2002). i didn't know anything had happened until abt 6 months ago when my dentist told me i had a cavity. very first one and it wasn't even my fault.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts