Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Nothing NEEDS upgrading. It runs at a low pressure, but the reg is designed for either high or low pressure input. So any quality regged tank will work just fine on it. The PE tanks are high pressure, so no issues running a HP tank. They're not as nice as the newer Egos, but they still shoot just fine, and can keep up with anything out if you don't mind the few extra ounces of weight.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Tl, in order to save me some time, what is the biggest differences in the ego5(ive owned one) and a 06 Nexus?

Thinking about getting one... But would it be worth it to pay 50-75 more for a ego7 with zick?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
06 nexus comes stock with a better bolt, better board, which trigger you liek will be better. Lighter, better resale.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Milling & weight obviously. I'm not certain if they changed anything else. The 07 came with zick, the 08 with cure2 bolt, the 09 with a new noid. I can't remember what the internal change from 05-06 was though, or even if there WAS an internal change.

edit - so the 06 was the original cure bolt then?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
06 came with QEVs, 05s didn't have them at all. The cure bolt originally came out for the 06 yeah. Then hte cure2 for the 07, only difference is the cupped face which really does nothing but gives the gun a chance for roll back.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Thanks guys. Just to clear it up, the two I am thinking about is the 06 Nexus or ego7. Only thing upgrades is the 07 has kila detents.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
IMO get the 07. Ram sleevless for extra skinnyness. One QEV so it gets the best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
06 came with QEVs, 05s didn't have them at all. The cure bolt originally came out for the 06 yeah. Then hte cure2 for the 07, only difference is the cupped face which really does nothing but gives the gun a chance for roll back.
I've had every other person tell me something different on that. I've had a dozen people say 05's DO have QEV's stock, dozen say they don't. I could have sworn when the 06 was released that I remember the 05 NOT having them too, but since I've never owned one, I don't totally trust my memory of that long ago. Of course, my buddy SHOOTS an Ego5, yet I've never thought to ask him.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
It makes sense of why 05s are smoother than 06. I haven't taken one apart, but I have shot my teammates.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okies back to me. :p can any1 post some pics ? and if u can help me find an 05 ego stock or not for less than 250$

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The 05 will not accept any other boards, besides a 05 board. It won't even take an 06. I have a virtue board in my 05 and love it. Also I concur the 05 is a nice marker vs. the 06 series IMO. The stock 07 will not have a zick kit, that was a upgrade that could be dropped in and came out the same time as the SL74(it was included stock in the SL).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts