Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a used ego 11 and it has a small leak. I think the leak is coming from the around the top of the grip frame. Anyone know what this might be? Thanks

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
It shoots just fine, then? If you lower the LPR, does the leak change?

Most of my knowledge about these guns come from Bob long. They're a similar design, but the regulator pressures are far more adjustable.
That being said, I would reset your regulators according to the manual and see what happens. If it's still leaking after that, I'd start looking at the low pressure air lines tot he solenoid, or the solenoid gasket that seals it to the manifold.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It shoots just fine, then? If you lower the LPR, does the leak change?

Most of my knowledge about these guns come from Bob long. They're a similar design, but the regulator pressures are far more adjustable.
That being said, I would reset your regulators according to the manual and see what happens. If it's still leaking after that, I'd start looking at the low pressure air lines tot he solenoid, or the solenoid gasket that seals it to the manifold.
ok hopefully I will have some time tomorrow to mess with it. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok finally got some time to look at it more closely. I replaced the ram orings and reset all factory pressures with no luck. I was able to look more closely at where the leak is coming from and it is definitely just above the board, making me think it is a solenoid issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took apart the grip frame and discovered the leak is coming from the hole beneath the solenoid housing, under the forward SFR. If I decrease the sfr to 1, the leak stops, but it intensifies as a I increase it. I saw on another thread that someone was able to stop it by simply firing it. I didn't have any luck with that. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have cleaned and lubed the manifold seals and the whole exhaust valve assembly but still leaks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just took apart the solenoid and cleaned it out and the leak stopped. Thanks for the help everyone

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
I'd replace the sail o ring on your ram again, it's a low chance but what you are describing would easily happen if it's bad and double checking a 5 cent o ring is a good idea before looking into a faulty noid.

I would also bust out that manual and make sure you have not missed any o rings in the housing, I have had a situation like yours and it just so happened that I missed an oring

Mess with your LPR pressure, noids can leak if there is to much or too little pressure, and make sure the forgrip reg is putting enough pressure into the LPR.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, now I am having issues with my velocity. It gets to about 250 max at stock settings.

I have cleaned and oiled my lpr, hpr, ram and bolt. Dwell is set to stock. Also put in a new battery with no luck. I increased my SFR settings to 10/10 and that jumped it up to about 270 but don't want to keep it at those settings. I have my lpr to 2 turns in and backed my hpr all the way out.

I am using a standard steelie 48/3000 and don't currently have another tank to test it with.

Before I started tinkering to try to fix the leak, it chronoed fine (296, 284, 290, 286), making me think I messed something up when fixing the leak. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

---Also, just noticed that to back the hpr velocity screw out, I turn it clockwise. Not normal, correct? However, I never messed with the hpr when fixing the leak, so I'm thinking that was like that before I got it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wait, so you didn't touch the HPR at all and are wondering why your velocity is low? Part of chronographing is adjusting stuff
No I didn't adjust my hpr when I was fixing the leak. When I went to shoot it after the leak was fixed, I noticed the velocity was low. After that, I took apart and cleaned the hpr.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts