Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Black out doesn't work if the emblem and bolt pin are silver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black out doesn't work if the emblem and bolt pin are silver.
It does if that's all you want to stand out. The bolt pin to see the action of the marker and the badge to represent the Ego series. This look isn't for everyone, which is one thing I like even more about it.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Black otu kits are to get rid of the little silver nid bits like the screws and macro etc, it's pointless without a black bolt pin and removed emblems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black otu kits are to get rid of the little silver nid bits like the screws and macro etc, it's pointless without a black bolt pin and removed emblems.
It would've been a failure had my goal been to black every "nid bit" out. It's done to exactly how I wanted. You definitely don't have to like it. I appreciate your opinion none the less.
is your ego completely stock?
Yes, minus the aesthetic modifications mentioned in the description in the first post. Do you know of a functional upgrade for an Ego9?

·
Registered
20 Posts
hmmm,

your already equiped with the Cure2.

upgrades:

barrel (probably all u need)
Board
Detents
Rammer
QEV (stock is usually fine unless it craps out on u)
CCU (cosmetic)
Grips (cosmetic)

I dont know if Eclipse have after market Regulators (HPR)
If they do i want one that doesn't swivel.

From my research aswell, 09 Egos operate on Low Pressure,
so im not shure if you need a Low Presure Air Tank,

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
The PE reg is designed to be able to operate on a low pressure or high pressure output tank. It will operate fantastically on either. So you can use lp output tanks, but they're not necessary and won't give an advantage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The PE reg is designed to be able to operate on a low pressure or high pressure output tank. It will operate fantastically on either. So you can use lp output tanks, but they're not necessary and won't give an advantage.
Angel A1...nice marker dude :D

my next marker will be an Angel A1,
Either the Fly - Rasta or Sly version

·
Registered
2 Posts
hmmm,

your already equiped with the Cure2.

upgrades:

barrel (probably all u need)
Board
Detents
Rammer
QEV (stock is usually fine unless it craps out on u)
CCU (cosmetic)
Grips (cosmetic)

I dont know if Eclipse have after market Regulators (HPR)
If they do i want one that doesn't swivel.

From my research aswell, 09 Egos operate on Low Pressure,
so im not shure if you need a Low Presure Air Tank,
The ego 9 does not have any qevs to upgrade. the noid is closer to the rammer there for not needing the qevs. The stock detents work great, have shot cases and cases through mine and not showing any wear, plus no springs to drop like other detents. The stock board is great, has all the options that a tourney player would ever need. The stock barrel is great, but does have the option of the sl upgrade that comes with two more barrel backs. The stock rammer is a zick and indestructable, un like the balance rammer that falls apart. The only upgrade that an ego 9 needs is a new and better player to use it!!!!!! i rate this ego a 9/10, because it is not mine. Also the ninja is good to, because it can be used for a weekend woodsball game, and not be seen through the woods from 100 yards away.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
The ego 9 does not have any qevs to upgrade. the noid is closer to the rammer there for not needing the qevs. The stock detents work great, have shot cases and cases through mine and not showing any wear, plus no springs to drop like other detents. The stock board is great, has all the options that a tourney player would ever need. The stock barrel is great, but does have the option of the sl upgrade that comes with two more barrel backs. The stock rammer is a zick and indestructable, un like the balance rammer that falls apart. The only upgrade that an ego 9 needs is a new and better player to use it!!!!!! i rate this ego a 9/10, because it is not mine. Also the ninja is good to, because it can be used for a weekend woodsball game, and not be seen through the woods from 100 yards away.
this just shows that there is a lot more he can do to it, barrel is the easiest thing out there, it was probably harder to get the black out kit, trigger? and then there is always full custom stuff, and at least for me, nothing gets a 10 unless it has some truly custom work that isnt just some parts sold on the net

as for this marker though, 3/10, while i think it looks decent, i would have liked to see some more work than replacing silver parts and posting.

o and briguy, unless your waving your marker around, nobody is going to spot you because of it, i played woodsball for a few years with a bright red impulse and red empire on top, nobody ever spotted me because of the marker, it was when i was moving that i was seen, motion gives you away much more than color

·
Registered
2 Posts
this just shows that there is a lot more he can do to it, barrel is the easiest thing out there, it was probably harder to get the black out kit, trigger? and then there is always full custom stuff, and at least for me, nothing gets a 10 unless it has some truly custom work that isnt just some parts sold on the net

as for this marker though, 3/10, while i think it looks decent, i would have liked to see some more work than replacing silver parts and posting.

o and briguy, unless your waving your marker around, nobody is going to spot you because of it, i played woodsball for a few years with a bright red impulse and red empire on top, nobody ever spotted me because of the marker, it was when i was moving that i was seen, motion gives you away much more than color
this just shows that paintball is a sport of personal experience. you may not have been noticed with a bright colored marker, but i have seen bright colored markers in the woods that i thought i would not of seen if they were less flashy. i have also played in the woods with bright markers too. and yes motion is more of a give away than flashy markers. i have a brown and black etek 2, with all the ups, and a star frame and love it for tourneys and the woods.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts