Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just got my board for my tippy pro e back from tippmann, and i screw in my c02 bottle just to see if it worked now. My friend was over and he said let me see you walk it as fast as you can, so i start walking it and i hear the egrip making the little clicking noise but for every time it clicked, the gun wouldn't fire. Say if i pulled the trigger 15 times it might have only shot like 5 or 6 paintballs. Is the erip not tripping the sear, or is the egrip broken? This is a brand new board, just filled c02 tank, and brand new batteries in my gun and my empire reloader 2. Please give me any advice that will help me fix my gun.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Fresh battery?

Seems that for some reason the 'noid won't kick the sear off of the hammer each time you pull the trigger. Since it's fresh back from Tippmann I gotta assume everything installed right, like the sear and hammer, and the springs, and that the parts that need oil have it.

E-spyders have the same problem for a variety of reasons.
=\ And to think we used to be free from them here at PBF's Tippmann range.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Air shouldn't matter, because the hammer is driven by its spring. Strange. It's possible that during the re-cocking cycle the hammer and sear aren't lining up exactly right and it is getting stuck hard enough that the 'noid can't kick it over on the first hit.

If a fresh battery doesn't work- hey, easiest things first, right-- Have a look at your sear and hammer, see if they have a rough spot or anything looks like it would be a reason to get stuck. Check out the drive spring too, if it is bunching up wrong it could also be giving too much tension on the hammer.

·
Registered
559 Posts
turn your fire rate screw so that your fire rate is all the way up. If that doesn't work change the battery. If that don't work see if the rod from the noid to the sear is on track. If that don't work give torch some more info he's the tech-guy and knows tippmanns like the back of his hand.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well my local shop isn't open untill tomorrow so i can't get my nitro tank filled to test the new battery. But when i retest it with the new battery ill let you know what happens.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got my tank filled, hooked it up and walked my tippy as fast as i could for about 10 seconds and shot maybe 25 times. So i thought maybe my sear spring was too strong or too big so i cut about 2.5 coils off and put it back and tried shooting again and it worked. I timed it and i could emty my entire hopper in about 17 seconds, using a stop watch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got Your Solution

i jsut had the same problem on my spyder copy
there is the selenoid its the big drum looking thing inside the e grip
the selenoid moves up and down due to the electricity from bat which generates a magnetic field some times these can be wack and... simply no good
call tippmann and haaha send it back lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts