Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my new electra and it's pretty sweet. I'm just having a problem with the eyes.

It will shoot a few and then the eyes stop it. The first day it would shoot like crazy and then have eye problems with the ramping modes.

The second time I took it out the eyes were jamming on every few shots.

From what I've read everyone just says to take the eyes out and clean them. I'm going to do that anyway, but is that likely to be the problem considering it's just out of the box and has never had a break in it?

My hopper should be plenty fast so I can't see it being that either. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't mean a total tear down, just take out the striker bolt and the battery, check the board and remove the eyes for cleaning.

Just go through the manual and see what it says about it.

I don't really think I'm going to disassemble the reg or the cup seal part.

The gun works fine with eyes off.

on a side note, is it bad for the marker to be dry fired? A friend told me that it wasn't good for the gun but I'd never heard that before.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If your only having issues when the eyes are on then I would think its in the eyes. Easy to pull out and clean then install and test. No need to do anything else till you see if that takes care of it. Honestly I dont have a manual for my electra and it being my first gun found it easy to tear it apart but dont see a reason ti go that far unless you have too. As far as dry shooting, I've heard both sides and really find no reason you can't do a few shots here and there for testing. Also I think when ioling you should fire a few without barrel to get the oil pushed threw the marker, atleast thats what I was told.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tips guys. I really appreciate the help. haven't had any time to impliment them yet though. lol

tomorrow is a holiday here in canada (Canada Day) so i'll have lots of time to trouble shoot.

I'll be sure to let you know what the solution was once i've found it.thumup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know if anyone is still paying attention to this thread but I figured it out. It was the battery the whole time. For the electra with the tadao board it needs a 9.6 battery or it runs like a bag of crap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts