Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I ordered a new marker as the electra is giving me more problems so i upgraded to the invert mini but i would still like to get this marker up and running as a backup. The issue i currently have is that the sear does not disengage. IE i pull the trigger i hear the click of the solenoid but it doesnt shoot. If i keep pulling the trigger maybe 1-10 or 20 times it actually shoots. The battery is a spyder 9.6v battery charged for 6 hours via a wall charger through the board. With the lower removed from the upper i can see the sear moving up and down when i hit the trigger with no issues. I disassembled the entire gun and lubed all the o rings. I notice that when it does shoot i can feel air from the plug under the barrel as well as a little through the vent hole on the regulator, not sure if this is an issue or not. Any trouble shooting tips you can give me i appreciate.

Spyder electra
Ninja 68/45 HPA
Invert too Hopper

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
If you mean that air is coming out the torpedo looking thing under the barrel (called the volumizer), then that is not normal, it should not leak air.
I don't think you should be feeling any air leaking from your reg either, maybe it needs some lube?

Well, what you're describing sounds most like a weak battery.
Does this version of the electra charge the battery by pluging in the entire marker to the wall? If so, try shooting with it plugged into the wall and see if it helps any.

I've also had the same thing happen to me because I had my rear grip frame screw loose. It was on tight enough to engage the sear, but something about that grip not lining up properly made it much more difficult for the sear to drop. Try tightening down on all your screws a bit, and definitely tighten down any screws that you may find that are loose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are 2 tubes on the body one holds the bolt and barrel the other the sear and the reg connects to. On the front is a plug and when o shoot I can feel bursts of air same from the reg small bursts of air when I shoot.

As far as charging how long should I leave it plugged in? It is charged trough the board yes and I did 6 hours and no love so maybe I'll do another 6.

I took the lower off and put it back on nice and tight and still the same issue.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I'm talking about this thing, the #2

That is the volumizer
If it is leaking air from there, that is bad.

So you only feel this air when you shoot?
Are you sure it's coming from the front?
The valve on your spyder is attached via a plug screwing into a hole in the valve, and when shooting, some air may escape from that area (which is closer to the front of the trigger guard. Could the air be coming from that area?
Have you tried shooting the Spyder while plugged in yet?

And on a side note, overcharging your battery isn't good either. There's a way to calculate the time you should charge your battery by looking that your batteries mAh and the mAh that your charger puts out or something like that.
If your battery is brand new though, it's recommended to charge longer than if it has been broken in

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Electra does not have that, it's just a plug in the hole held in place but a bolt on the regulator. I have not I'll check it in the am to see if it functions while plugged in
And I'm sure it's from thefront as the only time I feel it is when my hand gripping the front and over the plug

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Could it be that you're feeling the air coming from the barrel?
Does your barrel have an oring on it?

In any case, if you only feel that air when you shoot, and not all the time, then I wouldn't consider that a leak

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Barrel has an o ring and it's only when it shoots so I'm not too worried just wanted to throw everything I knew out there to diagnose. I charged it another 8 hrs and the first 100 shots were perfect then bam started acting up again every other shot wouldn't catch

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do I have 2 spyder 9.6volts are they any good? I'll pick up an energize e2 on my way out next time and test it.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Any 9.6v battery is fine, but we can't tell you if they're still usable
If they're over a year or two old, it maybe time to get a new 9.6v battery

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so i tested both batteries, they are a hair over 10.5 volts right now but still nothing. I can walk the trigger and sometimes itll go and sometimes it wont it just clicks. Looking at it the solenoid goes up just not all the way every time. I picked up an energizer advanced lithium battery to test something different then the spyder 9 volts. Both spyders are brand new as the gun is still new. Im going to contact kingmann im guessing its the gun now. Ive tried multiple batteries rechecked all the connections nothing works and im just trying to get it working now to sell it and not have waster the money..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts