Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,996 Posts
Not neccessary, but it helps. At one of the fields I go to there are people there that play pump sometimes for fun, and they do ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
i dont know about e-guns but i preffer to use a gun with response trigger like my A-5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,024 Posts
well technically, no because people use mech cockers that get good BPS (depending how fast your fingers are) but pretty much yes...even an electric spyder is pushin it..

Edit: oh for rec..well if you want to keep up and not get out every game..you want an electronic gun
 

·
Pump is Better
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
No, i don't think it is nessicarry. A good woodsball player doesn't sit in the middle of the feild and shoot 500 balls per game. My fav. way to get people out is to only shot one or two balls at them right in the back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
I've seen some mech mags that get pretty quick. I don't think electronics are a MUST, but in many cases it is needed. Finding a mech gun that is just right for you that you can rip through (and having quick enough fingers) is hard for alot of people. In order to keep up, some people simply NEED electronics.

It's not a must, because if you find a gun that is right for you and your fingers are fast enough you don't need it. But for alot of people, their fingers just aren't quick enough and its just easier for them to go electronic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Im proof you deffinetly dont need a electro to play speedball. I do better than 3/4 of th eplayers with electros anyways. (If you havent caught on to what I use, look at my sig).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
ArmoArchangel said:
I've seen some mech mags that get pretty quick. I don't think electronics are a MUST, but in many cases it is needed. Finding a mech gun that is just right for you that you can rip through (and having quick enough fingers) is hard for alot of people. In order to keep up, some people simply NEED electronics.

It's not a must, because if you find a gun that is right for you and your fingers are fast enough you don't need it. But for alot of people, their fingers just aren't quick enough and its just easier for them to go electronic.
People who NEED an electronic marker to do well in speedball aren't that good. Now i understand the huge disadvantage if you have a crappy wal-mart gun or something, but people look at me like im crazy for walking out on the field against d3s and the occasional d2 with my mag. Also, the story may be different if you are a back, who had better be able to shoot fast for the sake of his team.
 

·
Pump is Better
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
counterstrike53 said:
People who NEED an electronic marker to do well in speedball aren't that good. Now i understand the huge disadvantage if you have a crappy wal-mart gun or something, but people look at me like im crazy for walking out on the field against d3s and the occasional d2 with my mag. Also, the story may be different if you are a back, who had better be able to shoot fast for the sake of his team.
If you play back?? What kind of woods are you playing in??? The ones i've played in you don't need a back becouse well you can't see that far and if you can your "front" people have plenty of space to move around and not get pinned anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
the_real_kaz said:
If you play back?? What kind of woods are you playing in??? The ones i've played in you don't need a back becouse well you can't see that far and if you can your "front" people have plenty of space to move around and not get pinned anyway.
Yeah, same here. We have no backs, just somewhat middy's and forwards.
 

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
Joined
·
2,064 Posts
well Kaz.......if you werent such a tard youd read the first post. The thread is about whether or not an electro is nessecary in SPEEDBALL. And no its not completely needed for rec speedball but it helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,036 Posts
pnda_express said:
Im proof you deffinetly dont need a electro to play speedball. I do better than 3/4 of th eplayers with electros anyways. (If you havent caught on to what I use, look at my sig).
Me too. I play with a stock class phantom (thats a 12 ball capacity for those of you who don't know) in speedball against tourney ballers. In one 7-man game saturday I dropped 4 guys. You wanna see some shattered egos, watch a guy holding a dm4 walk off with a single splat on his goggs, because he thought the "pump guy" couldn't do anything. You don't know joy until you've bunkered someone with a pump.
 

·
Pump is Better
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
lol. I see, well whats it doing the Rec ball section then?? I figured this section was mainly for woodsball. lol but sorry. I still think you don't need electoic trigger in a rec speedball. Since its rec your probbly not going to be playing against a proto or an angel or anything like that. So sorry about that post then. I'll just have to take my A-5 and show up a few more Ions. (inside joke) lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,024 Posts
because "rec" is a smaller word for "recreation" which means "for fun" which means both woodsball and speedball..dont get how "rec" means woods but yeah...maybe its cuz youve seen more woodsball threads than speedball...id totally take a mag or a nice cocker over an ion
 

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
Joined
·
2,064 Posts
the_real_kaz said:
lol. I see, well whats it doing the Rec ball section then?? I figured this section was mainly for woodsball. lol but sorry. I still think you don't need electoic trigger in a rec speedball. Since its rec your probbly not going to be playing against a proto or an angel or anything like that. So sorry about that post then. I'll just have to take my A-5 and show up a few more Ions. (inside joke) lol


90% of what i play is rec speedball.......and ive seen everything from phantoms to nexus egos and angel g7s. Rec just means non-torney ball.......and you show me any a-5 that will outshoot an ion besides the ones tippman effect uses.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top