Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e been in the market for a intermediate level gun for a while now and Iv'e found that their are many electronic markers out there. Ion, 05 Bko, e-blade cockers, and others are all ones Ive considered but there is one problem before I spend all my hard earned money on the latest marker. I live in Western Washington where it rains almost all year round. While playing a scenerio game I would hate nothing more than to go home early because of a little rain that my marker couldn't take. So, my question is how much are electronic markers affected by rain? This will greatly help my decision so any one who has experienced this please let me know.
Ryan

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was drizzling last Saturday when I played with my Spyder Imagine, I haven't got my Dye stickys yet so I took of my crappy stock grips (with the big hole over one of the led's!) and put a plastic baggy around the grip frame. Than I put my grips back on and trimmed off the excess plastic. It made a nice little moisture barrier.

·
Registered
62 Posts
most of the time you dont realy have to worry unless it is REALLY BAD outside. I know how bad it can get here and I'd say as long as you dont put your gun in a HUGE puddle and you get good grips you will be fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I actually took my Imagine out in some fairly heavy rain today (there was a tornado warning in a county nearby to where i was playing, but remarkably no lightning or anything) with the stock grips and no problem.

I guess maybe I got lucky; you might want to do the whole plastic bag grip thing or get some better grips. I personally want new grips anyway because the stock ones gave me a blister on my thumb. What dumbass came up with the idea to make a hard plastic grip with tons of bumps...*sigh*

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
First gun that came to my mind as a solution was a mag, pm alpha for info on them.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
mag or most any tippmann will stand up to rain...

as for my impulse, if any more than a light drizzle is coming down, i put it away, i just cant chance rain getting into my 'noid...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts