Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE NOTE: I do not condemn nor condone the actions of emo kids, I just think a documentary about them would be interesting and halarious.

So I got a Sony HandyCam recently (DV). I've gotten pretty nifty at making films, not super special but I can edit, and film pretty good. Besides filming paintball I just wanted to do other stuff. That's when the idea of an 'Emo Documentary' came along. It's not an emo hate video or anything. It'd be just a movie maybe following emo kids around, talking to their siblings, etc.

I think it could be pretty funny if I do it well.

And if you think it's a bad idea, tell me why. I won't care about your opinion if you say "Retarded idea." but if you say "Well that doesnt sound to great BECAUSE." then I can respect your opinion.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think it would be great if you did it right, just like you said. You would need to just make sure everyone in it makes it funny, but doesn't go out there way to be an idiot and be funny and just ruin it. If done right, it will be a hilarious video.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Agreed with the man above me.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
long island is probably the biggest place for this 'emo' scene. i mean, to you guys it seems stupid and worthless, but here its huge... i mean, its sort of died down than it was 2 years ago.. but its still huge and you see alot more people here playing shows, going to shows, etc. and alot of emo bands are actually from long island too. i myself have been to shows w/ bands that you'd consider emo, and you know as much as people make fun of emo, those shows kicked ASS.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Well you can't generalize on "emo". Some dress the emo part and thats it. Some dont dress it but are emo inside. Some just have the hair. Some have all.

I dunno where you are going with this but i suppose it could be either interesting, or ignorant and idiotic.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
dhill0413 said:
Well you can't generalize on "emo". Some dress the emo part and thats it. Some dont dress it but are emo inside. Some just have the hair. Some have all.

I dunno where you are going with this but i suppose it could be either interesting, or ignorant and idiotic.
was my main thought...A lot of kids out there just like the dress, or like the hair..or really are emo...but thats for you to find out..IMO i think you could find a better topic to do a documentary on, mostly because most of us know that most of the emo hate is hype, and that most emo people really are cool... But hey its your free time and your life, do as you please.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
some ideas for you.
go into the blog scene with it. emos love myspace xanga facebook that kinda crap. Make sure they go into how worthless life is and how much of a deep dark abyss there soul has become....that would work.

not to be a nay sayer always nay saying everything but if you try to make it funny then its already been done....dozens of times. if you try to make it serious then unless done just right will be a boring sob story. try to present yourself as a professional not just some kid videotaping emos. Or present it as a school project that is to be taken seriously then most people will be up front and completely honest with you because you are trying to present something that is real and not another kid with a handycam making fun of the emotional grungy ****bags.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's exactly what I want to do Nick. I want to make it not serious so it's like pro emo or anything but just kinda analyzing emo kids. And if humor comes with it then humor will come with it.

I'm starting to scout people through school and myspace. I'm gonna try and get to other emo 'hotspots' too. Look for a completed vid in a few weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts