Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Being a skinny guy, I have never been able to find knee pads that fit me. Maybe these would do it. i'm concerned about heat, though. Wearing a full body suit in the middle of the summer doesn't exactly sound appealing.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
they are warmer but probably not as much as you would think, I have only taken them off on a few of the hottest days I have played in. Around here its usually 70-80 for a good day, it had to get into the upper 80s for me to take them off

Beyond that they are REALLY comfortable, since its all one piece they really dont move around on your body as much as dedicated pads and you also dont get the anaconda grip that you do with dedicated pads to keep them in place

They also are amazing for snowboarding, enough padding to make it not hurt as much the next day, a little warmer and especially with the butt and knee pads, if you are taking a break it takes a lot longer for your knees or butt to get cold on the snow

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Apparently spandex suits help with sore muscles.

I live in Indiana, so the concept of snowboarding is something I've never grasped. If it's anything like skateboarding, I'll probably die if I ever try it. I can't even stand on a skateboard without it trying to kill me.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Ehh different strokes.

I can't stand stand alone knee pads, they are so uncomfortable to me but espeshally for big games or really helps to have something covering my knees. The rest of the pads do get used just not as much as the knee pads

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
I forgot to mention, I ended up picking up a pair of these. They are really comfortable.... Sort of, let me explain, I did end up taking out the hip pads the way the pads work there is an integrated soft foam and a removable stiff foam on all of the major areas. On the hips, at least for me, it was a little too tall and to stiff, too out the removable piece and problem solved. The martial they used right on the hips to hold the stiff foam in, out of the box can poke you in the side. Running a undershirt was necessary the first few times out. Now that they are broken in though that has gone away

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had the chance to ask a few people I've seen wearing them. All said they were the bees knees. So I'll probably get some when I light my dye pads on fire because they never wear out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts