Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been watching and observing pump for a few months now. Pump looks so fun, it's really a change from the get go of fast shooting gun toting ways of fast paced paintball with semi auto's and stuff.

So anyway, I'll be getting my first pump and I want to know if a Phantom is a good marker for a person like myself. Is it?

Or should I start with a walmart brand marker and see how I like it?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Go oldschool style and start off with an sl-68 II like i did. But yea, phantoms are the pumps to have.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Never judge a book by its cover...
Get a $20 gun at first!
Then if you like it, you can get the phantom for 200 bucks, or a maveric for 100
After you get your new super dooper pooper scooper gun, give the $20 gun to a friend, which in tern will get him in paintball... and so it goes till all your friends love you...jk...
Anyway, thats how i got into the sport, like im sure alot of people have

A good alternative to giving the $20, trick it out for some laughs then give it away lol

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
eatbutt said:
Never judge a book by its cover...
Get a $20 gun at first!
Then if you like it, you can get the phantom for 200 bucks, or a maveric for 100
After you get your new super dooper pooper scooper gun, give the $20 gun to a friend, which in tern will get him in paintball... and so it goes till all your friends love you...jk...
Anyway, thats how i got into the sport, like im sure alot of people have

A good alternative to giving the $20, trick it out for some laughs then give it away lol
Actually, KingFikiElectra did the same thing to make it so he DID NOT want a Phantom any longer. He decided that if he convinces himself that getting a cheap $20 pump was the same as, lets say, a Phantom, he would no longer want one. You cannot compare the two, in my opinion.

-Mike

·
Registered
103 Posts
well lets say he gets his expencive phantom, then he doesn't like it, it would be good to get a $20 to get used to the feel of not being able to shoot gallons of paint

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
eatbutt said:
well lets say he gets his expencive phantom, then he doesn't like it, it would be good to get a $20 to get used to the feel of not being able to shoot gallons of paint
Phantom resale is VERY good. If you where to sell a Phantom you could simply do some home/free modifications (dying clear parts, cutting a 15 rnd feedtube down to a 12rnd feedtube) they could get just as much as what they payed for. You would be lucky to sell a $20 pump.

-Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
Get a used Trracer or Mavrick to try it out. They are good enough to get the idea and bad enough that U'll want to replace them immideatly if U get hooked, but U can sell them.

·
Registered
440 Posts
of fast. Ive been watching you for a while. (stalker) :cool: . So, if you want a sweet pump, id look at phantoms. Youd like them. However, if you want something cheaper and basically same performance, look at older pgp's and p68's. Splatmasters are sweet and VERY reliable. Sl-68's are sweet. Also, one of the other awesome ones are sterlings and sniper II's and III's, Pm me for all pump info. Check out stockclasspaintball.com for all the info you want. I now only have 2 semis left for me and 8 pumps. We now basically have a pump team. Pump is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pnda_express said:
of fast. Ive been watching you for a while. (stalker) :cool:.
Well, that doesn't make me feel any better.

But thanks for hte information. Yet I think i might start off with a 20$ pump at first. And if I really like it'll keep going from there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts